Phantom Regiment 2018

On 10/19/2017 at 9:10 PM, Cappybara said:

[Phantom 2007] Deserved to win.

BD put out a snoozefest that year, and Cadets yapped my ears off. Cavies were good.

It is a well-remembered show, and seems to be still influencing marching bands even ten years later. I can't imagine I'd have heard a group playing "1,000 Airplanes on the Roof" this fall if Phantom hadn't performed that piece.

If you look back at DCP reviews posts from 2007, you'll find more than one person saying that fourth through seventh were more interesting than first through third.

(Cavaliers'  Billy Joel arrangements seemed hit and miss to me. The drill and body movement now seem was like a trial run for 2008.)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 7:49 PM, xandandl said:

more photos from camp on corps FB page.

Made me very happy to see plenty of shots of guard men in the video. Looking forward to seeing how they're integrated in the show.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Hoping for a good comeback this year! I wonder if they’ll bring back the white uniforms or stay black? Or completely break all the traditions with a mixed guard, departure from classical-style music and costume-unis. I just hope for a show where music comes first, that has striking visual program based on a wonderful musical selection.  I want to FEEL something!!

I wish they (PR) would announce their musical selections much earlier so that the public (Phans, et al) can begin familiarizing themselves with recorded versions in order to get a better understanding and/or appreciation for the arrangements and show theme, and ultimately build anticipation and enthusiasm for the show.

1 hour ago, Land_Surfer said:

I wish they (PR) would announce their musical selections much earlier so that the public (Phans, et al) can begin familiarizing themselves with recorded versions in order to get a better understanding and/or appreciation for the arrangements and show theme, and ultimately build anticipation and enthusiasm for the show.

That's their problem, one shouldn't need to research a well done show.  It should be able to stand on it's own and if you are inspired to do further research (because you love it) the show is a success.

2 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

A wish most "phans" of all corps make each year.

4 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

That's their problem, one shouldn't need to research a well done show.  It should be able to stand on it's own and if you are inspired to do further research (because you love it) the show is a success.

Tell that to the Blue Devils 

PR DCI show schedule:

June:        21/Detroit, MI; 23/Akron, Ohio; 26/TBA in Ohio; 27/Evansville, IN; 29/Muncie, IN; 30/Lisle, IL;

July:          1/LaCrosse, WI; 3/Cedarburg, WI; 4/parades; 5?Wausau, WI; 6/Rockford, IL; 7/Minneapolis, MN;       8/Madison, WI; 11/TBA-Illinois; 14/DeKalb, IL; 15/St. Louis, MO; 16/Bentonville, ARK; 17/Broken Arrow, OK; 19/Denton, TX; 20/Katy, TX; 21/San Antonio, TX; 23/Mesquite, TX; 26/Birmingham, AL; 28/Atlanta, GA; 29/Winston-Salem, NC; 30/Charlestown, WV.

August:     1/Chester, PA; 2/Lawrence, MA; 3/Allentown, PA; 5/Erie, PA; 9/prelims, Indy, In; 10/Semis, Indy, IN; 11/Finals, Indy, IN.

Edited by xandandl