Phantom Regiment 2018

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, kdaddy said:

The new brass caption head at Regiment has been caption head with the Blue Knights for a few seasons.

Except that, the trajectory of the respective corps is heading in opposite directions. That one person isn't going to change that.

20 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Except that, the trajectory of the respective corps is heading in opposite directions. That one person isn't going to change that.

How could you know the trajectory of PR this year?  Hating already?

12 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

How could you know the trajectory of PR this year?  Hating already?

Might help to know what the word trajectory means. Their placement alone in 2018 is not their trajectory, however, if you analyze their placement over the past several years, and predict their 2018 score, that would be part of their trajectory and makes perfect sense. Your comment, however, does not.

If I may clarify a little further:

PR

2012-3rd  96.550

2013-6th   93.250

2014-7th   91.425

2015-7th   90.325

2016-8th   89.963

2017-9th   88.125

Where as Blue Knights started the same time period in 10th, and have moved between 6-8 over the past several years. It would be logical to say that PR is on a downward trajectory, as the Blue Knights are not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Might help to know what the word trajectory means. Their placement alone in 2018 is not their trajectory, however, if you analyze their placement over the past several years, and predict their 2018 score, that would be part of their trajectory and makes perfect sense. Your comment, however, does not.

If I may clarify a little further:

PR

2012-3rd  96.550

2013-6th   93.250

2014-7th   91.425

2015-7th   90.325

2016-8th   89.963

2017-9th   88.125

Where as Blue Knights started the same time period in 10th, and have moved between 6-8 over the past several years. It would be logical to say that PR is on a downward trajectory, as the Blue Knights are not.

You act as though trajectory cannot be altered (and has many times in the past by many corps).  Your logic is flawed.  Unless you subscribe to pre-season slotting?

40 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

You act as though trajectory cannot be altered (and has many times in the past by many corps).  Your logic is flawed.  Unless you subscribe to pre-season slotting?

Not at all, on all counts. First, can trajectory change, of course. At the same time though, do you truly believe PR is on an up swing based on the past few years? I would not be confident that they are. Maybe they will be better this year, but based on what's been going on, I see them staying the same or moving down.

4 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

People are making projections based on available data. As clearly outlined, the trajectory for Phantom is downward. We won’t know if that trajectory is continuing or reversing until after 2018 finals, when we can add another data point. But one point does not a vector make, and it is likely we won’t be able to confirm a trajectory reversal until after finals 2019. 

Another important point: for them to move up, someone else has to move down. Who would that be? I would have a hard time picking, honestly. They’re my corps, and I want them to turn things around, but no one is going to just hand it over.