Phantom Regiment 2018

7 hours ago, fatbrassboy said:

I'm more worried about the hoodies than the color of the guard unis. The uniform is regal and the hoodies look sloppy. A comparison would be wearing a baseball cap with a tux or formal gown. Just doesn't fit. Some of the hoods cover the eyebrows (like the helmets), others show the forehead, some show some hair and others fall off completely in the  middle of the show. No uniformity. I get it that PR is trying to 'keep up', but certainly there is a better way to do that.

I agree. I understand what they’re going for, in relation to the theme, but it’s not the best look IMO. (But there are certainly worse on the field this year.) I still like what I see of the show and I suppose it’s a smallish thing in the overall big picture, but I think they look better in either helmets or no hood at all.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, fatbrassboy said:

I'm more worried about the hoodies than the color of the guard unis. The uniform is regal and the hoodies look sloppy. A comparison would be wearing a baseball cap with a tux or formal gown. Just doesn't fit. Some of the hoods cover the eyebrows (like the helmets), others show the forehead, some show some hair and others fall off completely in the  middle of the show. No uniformity. I get it that PR is trying to 'keep up', but certainly there is a better way to do that.

3 hours ago, year1buick said:

I agree. I understand what they’re going for, in relation to the theme, but it’s not the best look IMO. (But there are certainly worse on the field this year.) I still like what I see of the show and I suppose it’s a smallish thing in the overall big picture, but I think they look better in either helmets or no hood at all.

I agree with both of your sentiments! Honestly I don't think the amount of drill or movement in this particular show warrants the need to not wear a helmet for the sake of the performers (except maybe the trombone feature in front of the pit), but from what I understand the program/design staff didn't want helmets just for the sake of having helmets either. I think it would be neat if they could meet halfway and transition from helmet to hoodie in the show or vice versa.

The shock value of not wearing headgear or traditional jackets/pants in the activity is gone, and to wear any headgear would go against the current uni/costume trend and can help any corps visually standout on the field! Unless you are doing an exuberant amount of visuals or dancing like SCV this season, there is no reason why you can't wear headgear, it's just a matter of wanting to.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Nobody's ever worn a tux jacket with a baseball cap.  That'd be like wearing sneakers on the field with a full uniform!  :happy:

Mike

And the uniform had baseball caps. :whistle:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Nobody's ever worn a tux jacket with a baseball cap.  That'd be like wearing sneakers on the field with a full uniform!  :happy:

Mike

Velvet Knights. In fact the sneakers some years were red high tops.

WARNING!!!!!! Side track question.  How did the mm of the 91 show react to the  drill with the brass line stepping over the guard?  I was surprised when watched on Fan Network and keep on forgetting to ask about the drills acceptance.   A PM would be sufficient. Thank you.

Heard some rumors that there are big microphone problems again this year regarding the hornline. I didn’t see any mics other than for solos during the tour premier broadcast?! Discuss!! 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

WARNING!!!!!! Side track question.  How did the mm of the 91 show react to the  drill with the brass line stepping over the guard?  I was surprised when watched on Fan Network and keep on forgetting to ask about the drills acceptance.   A PM would be sufficient. Thank you.

Cavies had done that so much earlier in Planets show. Everyone lived.

Edited by xandandl

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Cavies had done that so much earlier in Planets show. Everyone lived.

Are you thinking about the same drill move as I am?  Let's hope I have the correct year.  To help out, it was the sexist drill move I've ever seen.

Try 1977 PR

Edited by Sutasaurus