7th Regiment 2018 Season Begins! - Recruiting Now

We will be holding a one day 7R Experience Camp that will be FREE of all costs! We encourage you to come and be a part of our family and experience what it is like to be in one of the nation’s top marching ensembles. More details will be available shortly!

Are you moving to World Class or should this be posted on the Open Class forum?

I am a fellow nutmegger wishing 7th only the best.

PS. Is it true 7th will be taking over BAC who are nothing but ashes after '17's fire or was that all smoke in the wind?

Edited by xandandl

20 hours ago, xandandl said:

Are you moving to World Class or should this be posted on the Open Class forum?

I am a fellow nutmegger wishing 7th only the best.

PS. Is it true 7th will be taking over BAC who are nothing but ashes after '17's fire or was that all smoke in the wind?

Hi! In answer to your questions...7th Regiment has no intention to move to World Class, but will continue to be a strong and growing Open Class Corps.

(I assume your P.S. was tongue-in-cheek) No, 7th is not taking over BAC, I never even heard such a story going around. LOL

33 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Hi! In answer to your questions...7th Regiment has no intention to move to World Class, but will continue to be a strong and growing Open Class Corps.

(I assume your P.S. was tongue-in-cheek) No, 7th is not taking over BAC, I never even heard such a story going around. LOL

Since 7th is now under the BAC performing arts umbrella, some say 7th will fill a feeder corps position which is where my tongue in cheek comment originates. However, just as many 7th former members have headed off to Phantom Regiment and Cadets over the years. In fact, the Cadets' back field conductor this past '17 season is a 7thR alum.

21 hours ago, xandandl said:

Since 7th is now under the BAC performing arts umbrella, some say 7th will fill a feeder corps position which is where my tongue in cheek comment originates. However, just as many 7th former members have headed off to Phantom Regiment and Cadets over the years. In fact, the Cadets' back field conductor this past '17 season is a 7thR alum.

Yes, I also remember a picture last year of two Crown and One Blue Devil member in uniform showing their 7th Regiment Alumni necklaces. 7th Regiment members who desire a WC drum corps experience have gone on to many other Corps, some choices probably based on geography.  It is also true that Inspire Arts and Music is the parent organization of BAC, and 7th falls under that umbrella, so I'm sure that some will try out for BAC. As far as I know though, there is no official mission statement to be a feeder corps, but I'm sure to a certain degree that is just a natural function of all OC corps anyway. Since the staff at 7th do such an excellent job, some members do find it an excellent training ground for WC, but the main focus at 7th is to be a growing and improving OC organization.

Since 7th Regiment's show this year was about an eclipse--even though they didn't design it with this year's big eclipse in mind--I'll use a 7th Regiment thread to note that Monday's total eclipse was an amazing thing to see (I got to watch it from the location of greatest totality in southern Illinois) and to urge anyone who ever has the opportunity to see an eclipse to make the most of that chance. You won't regret it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Since 7th Regiment's show this year was about an eclipse--even though they didn't design it with this year's big eclipse in mind--I'll use a 7th Regiment thread to note that Monday's total eclipse was an amazing thing to see

BTW this is one of the most clever ways to slip in an off topic comment I've ever seen...LOL

On that note...I was watching the eclipse while wearing a "As the Sun loved the Moon" tour t-shirt. This drew some interested comments on how appropriate it was. Of course, I didn't bother to explain it away as a coincidence, I made it sound like it was a planned eclipse themed show since it would be relevant to the 2017 event. This drew praise for the corps on what a great idea that was.

• Like 1

My contribution:  NW Georgia.  Nikon D3100 w/500mm lens and solar filter.

skamWtO.jpg

• Like 1