What will be the trends for 2018?

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Of course we both can believe what we want. Thats just a given. I can tell now that  I am not about  to convince you that attire  and headgear have not moved the dial at all on the vast majority of Corps scores and placements over the years ( this year, or any year ), than you are about to convince me that attire and headgear ( or no headgear ) has an effect on scores and placements. So sure, theres not much more ( I think anyway ) than either one of us can point too that scores and placements have changed over the years and were influenced by what duds the Corps wore in performance competition.

true. So you advise your corps and I'll continue to put my efforts and advice mine based on my experience and critiques.. It's all we can do.

I wish in a way you were right ( in my mind ) would make life alot easier and cheaper...lol Thanks for the conversation

Maybe address Schnitzel they seem to have alot of imo valid points if you want to continue on with the subject. :-)

Edited by GUARDLING

9 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

true. So you advise your corps and I'll continue to put my efforts and advice mine based on my experience and critiques.

But, I did not ask for your advice on what to do however. I do as I please. I don't really care what you do from here on in. So I'm not about to offer my advice to you either. You are entirely free to think and do whatever fancies you, as far as I'm concerned, and as it should be, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

But, I did not ask for your advice on what to do however. I do as I please. I don't really care what you do from here on in. So I'm not about to offer my advice to you either. You are entirely free to think and do whatever fancies you, as far as I'm concerned, and as it should be, imo.

who was offering you advice? 

Never mind, a pleasure as always Brasso:14_relaxed:

Edited by GUARDLING

Just now, GUARDLING said:

who was offering you advice?

I think maybe it was your twin brother., Guardling.

Trends that I can say at the moment:

• Props are here to stay, but corps that maybe went a little too far with props may reduce a little, while corps who went minimal with them, will increase.  Everybody's seeking the right amount.
  • Unfortunately, more miking of entire hornlines.
  • Less actual drill.
  • Open Class and non-Finalist World Class corps will continue to improve.  Maybe I'm an idealist, but more people will watch them as a result.
  • More special effects like Boston's fire.

I think we covered uniforms and hats thoroughly now guys, and you will never agree so let's move on so other trends you might see!  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I think we covered uniforms and hats thoroughly now guys, and you will never agree so let's move on so other trends you might see!  

I appreciate your optimism and I agree. But, like so many other topics, a death certificate is not likely to spare this horse continued beatings. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

ahhh but I  and others can put pen to paper still and fabric to field...lol. So with me it matters :-) along with most of DCI youre right though, conversation over..no need for it:14_relaxed:

Edited by GUARDLING