2018 Blue Stars

41 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So now let's see the uniform :whistle:

Overalls and hardhats? :laughing:

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

In 2014 “Where the Heart Is” they purchased and built the house. In 2016 “Le Reve” there was a bed and a lamp, so they furnished the house. Now two years later it’s 2018 and the show theme is “The Once and Future Carpenter.” Have they decided to remodel the house?:lle:

How they use the music they’ve selected and create the show remains to be seen, but Blue Stars has original shows and with the musical selections, this could be the feel good show of the summer. 

Blue Devils sort of assembled a house in 2011.

43 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Blue Devils sort of assembled a house in 2011.

I know I'm in the minority (homers excepted), but that BD show was one I really liked.

Really interested in how this Blue Stars show turns out. Hoping for good things!

• Like 1

1.) Is this show an original concept from the Blue Stars or is it another show that was previously done by a marching band or winter guard?
2.) Is this going to be another show with a love story theme? 
I want the Blue Stars to do well and place as high as they possibly can; however, I'd like to see them do it with a concept all their own and theme other than a love story variation. 

10 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

2018 program - The Once and Future Carpenter

Someone wanted a carpenter's show. Here you go.

Honestly, it could be good. Lots of melody.

Go Blue Stars!

So, is this the house they moved into in 2014? You know, that's "Where the Heart is", right?

Edited by jjeffeory

This could be a sleeper favorite.  Melody for days and their brass line sounded so nice and rich last year.

• Like 1

This was definitely not what I was expecting to hear in a drumcorps show....but you know what...I absolutely LOVE the music selections...If I don't come away feeling great after this one...then nothing will make me happy anymore...

• Like 1