2018 Blue Stars

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Around here, the road construction guys start work at 10am, three guys stand around watching one guy work...for like an hour, then it’s lunchtime, before you know it, it’s 3pm and time to head for the bar.  It’s the Chicago way! 

they call that a government job for union employees

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim K said:

Go back a few years: 2013 preseason chatter—Blue Stars won’t return to finals, 2015 prior to prelims the show had plateaued like 2012 and would fall from finals, and if you look back I’m sure there’s a few choice quotes about Blue Stars trying to pull off Wagner. People underestimate Blue Stars. While much depends on what we see from Mandarins, Academy, Colts, perhaps Spirit or Troopers, I don’t see more than one spot opening, perhaps two, but not more, and your 10th place prediction is probably correct.

I'm one of those individuals that would really, really like to see the Blue Stars place as high as possible and attain top 7 or top 5 status. However, with the recycled and rebooted BOA and WGI shows they have been coming out with and sections of the corps that are in rotating rebuild; it's hard to see them placing higher than the lower tier of the top 12. The Blue Stars are a lot like the current state of Hollywood; a lot of talent with a lack of new and original ideas. In terms of talent; the only section that's really giving me any confidence, right now, is the hornline. The percussion is in year two of rebuilding and the guard doesn't look top 12. I hope and want to be proven wrong. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Especially when they drag it out for years. 

We did a trip on I90 once.  Never again.  It's been either 80 or 70 now.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

I'm one of those individuals that would really, really like to see the Blue Stars place as high as possible and attain top 7 or top 5 status. However, with the recycled and rebooted BOA and WGI shows they have been coming out with and sections of the corps that are in rotating rebuild; it's hard to see them placing higher than the lower tier of the top 12. The Blue Stars are a lot like the current state of Hollywood; a lot of talent with a lack of new and original ideas. In terms of talent; the only section that's really giving me any confidence, right now, is the hornline. The percussion is in year two of rebuilding and the guard doesn't look top 12. I hope and want to be proven wrong. 

How is the percussion in a rebuild?  Eric and Matt have been there since 2013.  The techs are still the same techs even after Mapes and Grom left.  They came in every once in a while when they were writing to make sure everything is coming together while Eric and Matt ran it.  They come from championship backgrounds and worked with the two.  The guard has gotten 8th, 7th, 12th(2015 when all caption were down),5th, and 11th when they moved back into finals.  Averages out to an 8.6 place since making it back into finals.  A more thematic show has shown more success with the guard (14 - Where the Heart is & 2016 LE Reve).

• Like 1

Given how hard the book always is for Blue Stars’ guard, I am sure they don’t look great right now (if you have really seen them) but they know it’s a marathon not a sprint. 

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I thought the guard got 3rd not too long ago? In 2014?