2018 Blue Stars

I've never seen that from the blue stars. They're always moving around. If Kevin is still the drill designer then we should see a lot of marching. Even in ballads. 2010 Houdini show, they hardly ever stopped for more than a couple bars. 

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

When I see these uniforms, the song “If I were a carpenter, and you were a lady....” comes to mind.

• Like 2

Just heard Blue Stars full show (at their family day). Holy hornline!!

We are in for another fan accessible but sophisticated show. 

• Like 2

Blue Stars horn line  is extremely talented this year..... loud, sophisticated, nuanced, musical and probably one of the best lines they ever had (old and new era....)  good now, cant wait to see in a month.... should be a fun year!!

The arrangements are very different from what the Blue Stars have done in the past. To me, it does not sound like the same corps. They hit a home run with Jim Wunderlich. The show flows so well. None of the awkward transitions they fought through last year. The brass is excellent and percussion may be the most improved section. Excited to see this on the field Thursday. 

• Like 2

excited to hear the good reports! looking forward to Thursday -- 

question for those of you who have heard the show: would you say the show has tempo variations or is it all kind of a smooth groove - that's what I think of when I think of 70s pop music -- 

Is there very much up tempo? Or is it kind of medium tempo/ballad feels?

Thank you!

10 minutes ago, tedrick said:

excited to hear the good reports! looking forward to Thursday -- 

question for those of you who have heard the show: would you say the show has tempo variations or is it all kind of a smooth groove - that's what I think of when I think of 70s pop music -- 

Is there very much up tempo? Or is it kind of medium tempo/ballad feels?

Thank you!

Its a combo of both and throughout sand sometimes overlapping.  The intro has a smooth trumpet solo with hellos in the background playing down the quicker tempo feel.