2018 Blue Stars

There's nothing but emotion in the book. 

That ending is not the ending (we all know that now a days) and it's about the carpenter going from the old ways of carpentry to the new ways. As you notice the closer picks up more electronic sounds and textures which will aid in the use of power tools. You say it's too literal but le reve was literally just a dream show. With the corps doing alot of interactive work with the guard the solo uniform for everyone works great in person. 

I am guessing that video will soon disappear, I am glad I got to view it. Blue Stars are off to a great start. Improved across the board and a show that will not require major rewrites like last year. They will polish this one over the next six weeks and I expect a fan favorite in Indianapolis. Nice to see them ready to go for the first show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcjordansc said:

I am guessing that video will soon disappear, I am glad I got to view it. Blue Stars are off to a great start. Improved across the board and a show that will not require major rewrites like last year. They will polish this one over the next six weeks and I expect a fan favorite in Indianapolis. Nice to see them ready to go for the first show.

Or at least off the boards because Russ asked nicely that nobody post anything until after today. 

It's so incredibly difficult to judge a book on video, before the first show of the season. That said, this show has a TON of room to grow and I'm guessing we're only seeing the bare basics right now. I think the brass and drum books are fine and will become more textured as the season moves forward. They've postponed themselves really well by getting the entire book on the field. I'm going to reserve judgement on anything else until we get further along in the season. I hope they have a tremendous season. 

Hoping the Blue Stars are not taken to the woodshed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

HORN LINE OMG......talk about power.... trumpets and mellows..... yes yes yes....this show has everything.  Love the staging this year and the guard looks killer for this early on.  what about those bass drums....love the runs throughout.... great vehicle to build from.  no doubt in my mind that there will be tweeks showing off/featruing even more the talent of the horns and guard as the season moves along.  The season indeed has only just begun.

It does sound monotonous. There really doesn't seem to be much variation. No anticipation. No building up into a crescendo and then impact set. It's all just...there in your face. 

And yeah the yellow shoes are going to make footwork errors stick out badly. 

I haven't seen much in the way of developing the theme. Like someone said, it's people dressed up like carpenters playing any music. 

Again, good concept, poor design development. We'll see what they fix.

Also, all the fancy footwork stuff, the auxiliary visuals, is just way too much and seems to be inserted for the purpose of hiding crooked lines. The visual package as a whole looks gimmicky. 

Sorry I have so much criticism in this post. The criticism is directed towards design and not performance. 

• Like 2