2018 Blue Stars

Hoping the Blue Stars can power through the rest of the season! So proud of them!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say, they've made a ton of improvement since the last time I saw them.  The St. Louis performance was very tight, and while the theme is kind of cheesy, it's clearly cheesy-by-design, and very easy for the audience to get behind.  My son (14-y.o. contra player) said this is by far his favorite show of the summer!  :thumbs-up:

Mike

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Gotta say, they've made a ton of improvement since the last time I saw them.  The St. Louis performance was very tight, and while the theme is kind of cheesy, it's clearly cheesy-by-design, and very easy for the audience to get behind.  My son (14-y.o. contra player) said this is by far his favorite show of the summer!  :thumbs-up:

Mike

You got it!!!.....cheese makes everything better.  Just imagine a world without cheese. The corps is from Wisconsin after all.  Land of the cheese heads. The show is just so much fun to watch and the kids are selling it in spades!! They look like they genuinely are having a really fun time out there on the field....and it does not  hurt they are technically really good as well!!!   Those horns.... oh yeah,  give me some more fried cheese curds baby!!!! ....FCO

Edited by brians

17 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Mike

I thought they were very good as well. I loved the unapologetic uniforms - the very tongue in cheek design --- offset by the great execution , drill and brass and guard were really very strong.

The design staff at the Blue Stars seem to understand how to develop a show that can score well in August. Sure, a few down years since their return to finals in 2008, but never a show that was not finals worthy, and more often than not, a show that can score in the upper 80s or higher. This year is much the same, with talent to break 90. History tells us the Blue Stars will tweak and add right up to the final day of the season I expect they will be in the 7-9 group come August 11. 

• Like 3

They are performing this show aggressively and with confidence. That right there is huge. The show is difficult and like always, constantly moving. I don't think they will be able to pass Cadets, and we don't know where Blue Knights will fit in with the rest, but who cares? It's already a successful season with a fan friendly show. Hopefully next season they can build on this success. Something the corps hasn't been able to do for awhile. And by that I mean start being able to compete with the next tier. 

6 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

With so many people complaining about the lack of melody and recognizable music you would think this thread would be over run with posts praising Blue Stars. 

No need to talk it out
We know what it's all about
Hangin' around (hangin' around)
Nothin' to do but frown 
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

• Like 2