2018 Blue Stars

35 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the run was brass & percussion only, no guard.

That makes a difference. Blue Stars many seasons have ended their show with a visual highlight. Sounds like that will happen again this year. 

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

giphy.gif

You made my night!  I'm sitting in a hotel in Raleigh NC going through Drum Corps withdrawals.  Debating if I should drive 240 miles tomorrow to go to Rome, NY.

5 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

That makes a difference. Blue Stars many seasons have ended their show with a visual highlight. Sounds like that will happen again this year. 

My daughter told me about the color guard not being in ... I told her they don't add much.  I won't repeat her response :) (she's obviously in the guard).

• Haha 1

Here’s some funny and even insightful comments from my trumpet playing buddy who doesn’t quite understand my fascination with “marching band”. Oddly enough, he’s also an in demand finish carpenter. I made him watch the opening two minutes of Blue Stars.

”why are they dressed like old timey carpenters?”

”are those Timberlands?”

”oh, now I get it, cheeky” (crosses himself the wrong way) “God bless you Karen”. (He’s not gay. Lol...or catholic)

”wait wait, replay it” “really?” 

“Replay it again”

”don’t those twirly people get splinters?”

“What? No s***!” Replay it again

”did they just do an accelerando/rubato thingy with their feet?” “Cool!”

• Like 3

Here they are with a show that has really taken off, has the potential to possibly finish in 7th place, and they want to complete the show with a soft ending? Finish strong n' loud! Get the crowd on their feet and out of their seats!

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just saw the new ending live. Wasn’t sure I was going to like it ... and I didn’t .... I loved it. There’s a surprise at the end I did not expect.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

15 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Here they are with a show that has really taken off, has the potential to possibly finish in 7th place, and they want to complete the show with a soft ending? Finish strong n' loud! Get the crowd on their feet and out of their seats!

I think you need to see in full before you judge! 

its perfect.

Edited by HayleHam
  • Like 1