Corps Income/Revenue Stream

21 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Buddy, Colin McNutt has to put food on his table just like the rest of us.    Money is what brought him to Boston, .

Colin McNutt has explained the reasons why he decided to accept Boston's offer. Those reasons can be heard on audio/ video recordings from interviews with him. He does not mention " money " as the primary lure at all. Why should any of us here believe YOU then on why Colin McNutt ( a Massachusetts native ) decided to come back to the Boston Crusaders ( where he once marched and later taught ), than the explanations from Colin McNutt HIMSELF on the primary reasons for his move ? Besides, if people are primarily interested in making more money as being a big deal to them, they probably won't be in, nor stay in, Drum Corps/ MB/ to begin with.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Colin McNutt has explained the reasons why he decided to accept Boston's offer. Those reasons can be heard on audio/ video recordings from interviews with him. He does not mention " money " as the primary lure at all. Why should any of us here believe YOU then on why Colin McNutt ( a Massachusetts native ) decided to come back to the Boston Crusaders ( where he once marched and later taught ), than the explanations from Colin McNutt HIMSELF  on the primary reasons for his move ?

Agree with BRASSO on this one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Buddy, Colin McNutt has to put food on his table just like the rest of us.  He doesn't live off Vic Firth stick endorsements.

And yet, you complain about the money he's supposedly making at BAC...double-standard much??

• Like 3

Just now, BRASSO said:

I guess in your view he's lying then as to why he returned to teach a Corps he once marched and once taught with ? He is on video and audio recordings explaining the reasons why he decided to accept Boston's offer. He does not mention " money " as the lure. Why should any of us here believe YOU on why Colin McNutt ( a Massachusetts native ) decided to come back to Boston, than the explanations of Colin McNutt himself on the reasons for his move ?

You can see the dollar signs in his eyes while he's saying it.

Not many people are going to say on record "The money was just too good to pass up".  It's far easier on the ego to talk about "passion" and "loyalty" and "educational opportunitie$".  We can over-romanticize about how passionate these educators are, but at the end of the day, they are motivated by the same things every other human being in every other discipline is motivated by.  Bottom line, he simply would not have made the move had BAC not made it well worth his while.

I'm not questioning his character or morals or ethics (nor those of any other BAC instructor).  I'm sure those are all of the highest standard.  All I'm saying is what is as plain as day; Boston PURCHASED a top-tier staff in order to stay in the top 12.  And it's working.  But they're going to have to keep shelling out the bucks to keep that staff in place, just like any other corps....but their ceiling is higher, because that's what it took to get them there.  Now I definitely expect BAC to keep rising, just like I expect for their costs to keep rising, along with the salaries of the top-shelf staff they've assembled.  And when the bubble finally bursts, you think that staff is going to take a pay cut and continue on out of passion and loyalty?  No, they'll go wherever the next corps who spends a boatload of money to lure them away pops up.  And so the cycle continues, until all the money runs out.

15 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

You can see the dollar signs in his eyes while he's saying it.

I can almost see the utter stupidity and the sheer ignorance in the typing of your posts too regarding what primarily motivates Colin McNutt  too.. But hey, if you think you know the guy, and what drives/ motivates him, you keep right on typing away on him, my friend.... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I can almost see the sheer ignorance in the typing of your posts regarding what primarily motivates Colin McNutt  too.

Again, I know what motivates human beings.  I understand it's our propensity to try to deify names in this activity, but the last time I checked, Colin McNutt is a human being that has to eat and put a roof over his head, the same as you and me.  Quit treating him like he's any different than any other human being.  And jeez, quit being so personally offended.  I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but I'm also sure he likes the checks he receives from BAC.  I mean, who wouldn't?

26 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Again, I know what motivates human beings.  

Right.. and I guess the rest of us mouth breathers on here don't know what " motivates human beings ". Guess you only know this, as well as know Colin McNutt better than the rest of us on here too... lol!. Colin McNutt TOLD us in public interviews why he came back to Boston. If you don't believe him, well then I don't know what else to tell you.... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

27 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Again, I know what motivates human beings.

Apparently you know a lot of other things - like what consumers of the activity want, how ticket sales are reported, how much electronics are necessary, what motivates corps directors to do things, visual and dance instructors teaching jazz hands, why staff changes happen, and pretty much anything else you find you want to throw your $0.02 in on. 

Either that or you're just another troll. 

Pretty clear that the entire site has figured you out.

30 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Again, I know what motivates human beings.  I understand it's our propensity to try to deify names in this activity, but the last time I checked, Colin McNutt is a human being that has to eat and put a roof over his head, the same as you and me.  Quit treating him like he's any different than any other human being.  And jeez, quit being so personally offended.  I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but I'm also sure he likes the checks he receives from BAC.  I mean, who wouldn't?

Most men are motivated by their wallet, their stomach, or their crotch.

Maybe Colin was just hungry for some good, Boston seafood!

32 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Most people who try to interact with you are offended not by the subject being discussed, but by the crudeness of your method of discussion.

I don't know how many posters you'll need to interact with to be convinced that that's true, but to use your own question: "...how long will it take?"

And I know you've blocked me and don't care.

• Like 1