Corps Income/Revenue Stream

On 8/25/2017 at 6:57 PM, oldsoprano said:

Little River Band

Those were the days!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to set a student on the task of creating basic and financial profiles of (at least) the 23 WC corps. One deliverable of the project is a spreadsheet of key financial data and metrics, by corps, as mined from most recent 990s.

Is this duplicating something that already exists some place? Some of you would more likely know of this than me.

It is a finance project more than a musical arts project. And valuable for the student as he analyzes 990s even if something like this already exists.

On 9/20/2017 at 6:42 AM, mjoakes said:

I'm about to set a student on the task of creating basic and financial profiles of (at least) the 23 WC corps. One deliverable of the project is a spreadsheet of key financial data and metrics, by corps, as mined from most recent 990s.

Is this duplicating something that already exists some place? Some of you would more likely know of this than me.

It is a finance project more than a musical arts project. And valuable for the student as he analyzes 990s even if something like this already exists.

This would be a fun task for a student!  

I'm already gathering data to begin an update in the spring.  My intent is to amend the update to the existing data from back then to present a full 8 or 9 years of data in one look.

Would make some great charting to have almost a decade in one place.

17 hours ago, garfield said:

This would be a fun task for a student!  

I'm already gathering data to begin an update in the spring.  My intent is to amend the update to the existing data from back then to present a full 8 or 9 years of data in one look.

Would make some great charting to have almost a decade in one place.

Longitudinal data would be great to have. Did you have a spreadsheet-like total of the 990s from the earlier thread? I'm sorry if I missed that, though I rather quickly browsed through the older postings. Or is the data what was available in the individual posts?

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Longitudinal data would be great to have. Did you have a spreadsheet-like total of the 990s from the earlier thread? I'm sorry if I missed that, though I rather quickly browsed through the older postings. Or is the data what was available in the individual posts?

Yes, there's a spreadsheet of consolidated data for all corps.  It's linked in the 990 thread but the Box account in the link is no longer active.  If you'll PM me with your email address I'll send it to you.

I'll also find a box account to post it in and update the link before I start the update in the spring.

(BTW, since we're so close now, you might have your student wait until February for the majority of the 2016 990's to come out.  No guarantee they'll be available at the same time, though.)