Number of DCI Championships Question

Does anyone know which individual has belonged to the most DCI championship corps (i.e., who has the most gold medals in their possession)?  Could be someone who marched SCV 73, 74, 78 (3 gold medals), BD 76, 77, 79, 80 (4 gold medals), or Cadets in 80's.  Cavies 90's-00's, etc.

I suspect it is someone from BITD, as membership was less fluid from year to year back then.  But I am happy to be proved wrong.

It could also be someone who won a championship with one corps, then switched to another.

• Like 1

I think I heard from a discussion a number of years ago that Dave Gibbs from the Blue Devils had a bunch of championship medals as a marching member.  We need some BD people to verify the exact numbers.

I have a friend that has 4.  Cavies 00,01,02,04.

My thought is it might be 4 and if there is such a person, they marched with Cadets in 83, 84, and 85, as well as 87. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I think I heard from a discussion a number of years ago that Dave Gibbs from the Blue Devils had a bunch of championship medals as a marching member.  We need some BD people to verify the exact numbers.

Hasn't Dave Gibbs been involved with all of BDs championships? Started Marching in '74 and aged out in '80?

59 minutes ago, Tim K said:

My thought is it might be 4 and if there is such a person, they marched with Cadets in 83, 84, and 85, as well as 87. 

April Gilligan!!  The one the only legend marched all of those years.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Yes, I remember seeing a photo some time ago - think there were 4 people with 4 championships who marched 1979-1980.  BDCorno can confirm.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Wouldn't Scott Johnson also have all 18 from BD as well?