Drum Corps One-Liners 2017

Alot of these are hilarious! Good group of people here on DCP. Great list!!!!!

How did you miss Hook'emCavies? Insert anything about the Cavies and there you go LMAO.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Western Burger said:

I figure we all could use a break from celebrating (or grumbling) about another spectacular season of drum corps.  Over the course of the summer, I have been collecting "one-liners" from this board.  These are posts that have made me laugh or stuck out in some way or another. I think we have a great group of people here and when our favorite corps are scoring well (and we haven't had too much to drink yet) we share some great banter and insight among us. So here's a snapshot of the summer, presented with no context and in no particular order. 

p.s. I made this with no intent to offend any particular poster or corps. Just having some fun!

Academy

At this stage, it looks like they might have to pull a rabbit out a hat to do so.

But... they're in the hunt.

- BRASSO

That's the Academy's male colorguard members warming up their rifles for the wabbit hunt later tonight.

- Cadevilina Crown

Bluecoats

Bluecoats set up their audio in three minutes ... Flo had all day

- Jurassic Lancer

Bluecoats are the closest thing to a Super Bowl Halftime Show DCI has to offer. 

- Fred Windish

When you guys need me I'll be over here trying to figure out how 4th place in an ultra-competitive year counts as "getting the shaft."

- Saxfreq1128

Bloo turns me into a sobbing 13 yo girl at a biebs concert

- Fracker

Cadets make me wanna come to Jesus. Bluecoats just make me wanna......... I'll stop there.

- Furious-winter

Blue Devils

I'd love to see Bloo repeat, but my eyes say SCV, and my ears say BD.

- Mrk

I like seeing BD stretch their legs with something different like white props and mirrors.

- Chaddyt

As of Friday night, BD is 100-0 in shows following silver medal finishes since 2009. Unreal.

- Chief Guns

Based on all these comments it looks like BD is coming in 5th tonight. 

- Yorkvillain

Blue Knights

One thing's for sure when it comes to those BK uniforms: You will always lose a staring contest with them.

- Cadevilina Crown

Watching the guard members on the podiums with the DMs.   I'm not sure if I should bunt or steal second. 

- CrownBariDad

To be honest I have no idea what is going on but I like it.  Who doesn't respect a corps that shows up to finals in their onesies!

- Sideways

Blue Stars

By the way, Blue Stars have at least two deaths in this show. That's why they're doing so well. :P

- Kevingamin

Boston

Boston wants you to never ever doubt them making finals again.

- Quijeros

I don't think hanging around the chest is a very effective way to execute someone.

- Jasgre2000

I hope that's not baby powder. 

- Crownbaridad

I KNOW YOU!

I mean GET HER!!

- TreeFidy

I mean, did you see when they did the thing? And the thing with the rope? And the thing with the lady, then the thing with the other rope, then the drill thing, then the rifle thing? THEN THE FIRE THING?!?

- MikeN

Phantom Regiment

It isn't a Phantom show unless there's a death.

This year, it's the entire audience after listening to the brass through speakers for 13 minutes.

- Cadevilina Crown

I can see it now: Phantom Regiment presents Phamilton.

- Ajlemm

Carolina Crown

Crown - Cool first half but Judy Jetson kind of killed the second act after a while. 

- Dmiggles

GH would be SO disappointed in the condition of the yardlines and hash marks after Crown's show. 

- CrownBariDad

Cadets

Cadets just out scored BD and you can totally compare scores from cross country 

- George Dixon

I was able to stop hitting the gym in the last week because summer 2017 Cadets vs. Crusaders threads are so exhausting.

- Mjoakes

It's a weird day when everyone is saying mostly positive things about Cadets

- Cadevilina Crown

Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm Drum Corps International welcome to, Jesus!

- MikeRapp

Please remember watching The Cadets perform the Mass does not count for going to Mass for real.  

- ThirdValvesAreForWimps

Jersey Surf

To be more authentic, that subway announcement should be "STXXX BXXXX MMMMBGGFFF XIXBOOTOULKDJSDJ""

- 2muchcoffeeman

Madison

The unis give me a Mad Max came over on the Plymouth and had Thanksgiving dinner with the Natives vibe.

- Dcsnare93

Scouts get GE points for covering the Colts helmet. 

- KVG_DC

Mandarins

Wow they really put the roar and the shock in Rorschach

- skevinp

Troopers

My first look at the Troopers and it looks like they raided a tarp factory.

- Barigirl78

They have the drum major from the troopers going over to flip on the sound

- Onion head

Troopers 5th bass went down in a tarp like a seal during Shark Week.

- CowboystauinDallas

Misc

When a mommy score and a daddy score REALLY love each other...

- Precious Roy

I'll take my burger medium, grillmaster! 

- Terri Schehr

Because "Wausau Documentary" won't fit on a corps jacket

- ThirdValvesAreForWimps

No. I just want the best sound to win, not the best sound man

- ThirdValvesAreForWimps

The Chief Judge assures all payoffs are handled in a discreet manner.

- pbeau

I'm late to the party. Which corp had a "bad run" so we can brush aside their disappointing score, and which judges are on the panel that are in the bag for XYZ Corps so we can gripe about that?

- Mboogey73

At least they're as loud as the g bugles unplugged now.:)

- AROD24601

The other show is still going on. Can't slot scores yet. 

- Prd9601

He actually goes by "Damp Otter" now.

- crownisking

Ok, so I saw a little blue flag above one of my posts and wondered, what does this do"?. I think I just reported myself. 

- Newseditor44

Don't you mean "burn" a dead horse. More GE that way. 

- George Dixon

Goo happens when a kid on a synth. takes his finger, and presses down with all his might, to blast out low bass sound.  this is done at about 10 decibels more than a 747 taking off.

- Alvinpr89

I do believe this is also the cleanest Weber drill I've ever seen.

Now, I'm still waiting to see the cleanest Weber grill, but that's another story.

- Kevingamin

Every corps is simultaneously the best and worst of all time with everything they do or don't do. -DCP 

- Snare_guy_83

If you wanna come to Amarillo Texas and scarf down some food during one of my breaks in a hot band hall filled the the smell of teen spirit be my guest.  

- DrumManTx

The crowd shots tell me drum corps fans need more exercise.

- mcjordansc

Well that's vague. You could judge Effect for dci with comments that nonspecific. 

- DCPusername

Last years 12th place right behind last years 1st place. What a crazy year. 

- Defeldus2

You should do a list of troll one-liners we have had during the season. And there was some good ones lol.

• Like 2

Great thread!!!  Thanks for the shoutouts!

• Like 2

For those who were wondering about my Academy comment, I was quoting someone who said they could hear gunshots at the shooting range near the Southeastern Regional stadium.

Oh, and no SCV jokes? :(

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Aw man, I didn't make the list! Hahaha this is great!

I just felt like I had heard some of your material before... :lle:

I'm glad you guys like the list, maybe I'll make a more dedicated effort next year and try to include more people!

• Like 4