Age Outs

29 minutes ago, drummergirl said:

BAC 37 ageouts total 

That seems to contradict the post above where it was single digit for brass and Percussion combined (unless almost 30 Guard age outs) 

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

That seems to contradict the post above where it was single digit for brass and Percussion combined (unless almost 30 Guard age outs) 

A contradiction on DCP, George ?.... No , can't be. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

I would tend to believe drummergirl has the more accurate figures. No offense, Brasso.

Either way it's a young corps with a bright future for sure. 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

My understanding, which comes largely from alums and volunteers, is that the musicians were generally younger. While no ages we're given, a large number of color guard members followed Crown instructors. They could have been older, though I do not know for certain, but it did appear at age out as if more BAC guard members that agreed out than musicians.  

• Like 2

Just now, Tim K said:

My understanding, which comes largely from alums and volunteers, is that the musicians were generally younger. While no ages we're given, a large number of color guard members followed Crown instructors. They could have been older, though I do not know for certain, but it did appear at age out as if more BAC guard members that agreed out than musicians.  

Same with cadets. Low number of brass and Percussion ageouts and a larger number of guard. 

3 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

I would tend to believe drummergirl has the more accurate figures. No offense, Brasso.

No offense taken, Barneveld. We sometimes get conflicting info from well meaning people within Corps.. happens more frequently than people sometimes think. 

8 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

The Crossmen had 20, which is fewer than last season when they had over 30.  As with any corps at their level, retention will be key.

Yes, as you correctly stated, retention really is critical  to all these World Class Corps( except for perhaps the Blue Devils, where none of this seems to ever apply to them ). If a Corps has 20-45 age outs or so, that still leaves between 110- 135 eligible marchers to potentially be invited back AND earn their spot in line back for the following season. If a Corps has low numbers of age outs, but high numbers that elect to either transfer, or nor return, that might be problematic. ( not referring to Crossmen here, by the way, just in general). Corps need a healthy mix of both high percentages of returnees AND audition camps that can attract quality talent to supplement the available spots that Corps will have available.

11 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

I'll start. 

Cavaliers (33)

Depending on attrition, they should be returning a talented veteran corps. Love that they've already updated social media focusing on 2018 auditions.

This is huge, they're gonna be a medal force

• Like 2