Age Outs

Hold over talent from a prior season means nothing if they haven't been trained properly...just sayin'

Edited by Liahona

This is a good off season thread topic, imo... hope other Corps numbers of age outs can be posted as we get the info.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that a certain number of non age-outs neither stay with their corps nor go to another corps.  Some just quit drum corps or decide to sit out a season.  It's quite a financial and personal commitment.  Families can decide not to support them financially.  Some sustain injuries and decide it's unwise to tempt fate by marching another season.  A good number of people who march drum corps never technically age-out.  I don't have the percentages, though.

• Like 1

I suppose this thread has me wondering: does DCI collect & keep information such as this [as well as LOTS of other data] whereby long/short term patterns can be observed; and, if they do, is the information accessible to the fan base?

IOW, are member corps asked by the organization to submit "reports" on stuff like this?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

I suppose this thread has me wondering: does DCI collect & keep information such as this [as well as LOTS of other data] whereby long/short term patterns can be observed; and, if they do, is the information accessible to the fan base?

IOW, are member corps asked by the organization to submit "reports" on stuff like this?

Good question.

I'm not sure even the corps keep data on age-outs, retention, defection, people leaving the activity.  But, maybe some do and I'm not aware of it.

Bluecoats age outs.... 55

Crown age outs... 44 ( 20's in the brass)