Age Outs

36 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

unfettered ability to reload each and every season.......[is] such a highly unusual created system.

Are you saying this?[my highlight & spelling]

Excluding those endeavors that are bound by multi-year contracts, I would guess it to not be highly unusual.

The fact the some choose not to reload succeeding seasons does not necessarily equate to the inability to do so. 

10 hours ago, monarch said:

I think it was a snare BDB-BlueCoats-BDA

Yep...Arjun (don't remember his last name).  BDB 2013, tried out for the A corps for 2014, didn't make it, made it into Bloo and marched a FANTASTIC show.  Don;t remember where he was in 2015, but 2016 and 17 in BDA.

26 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Yep...Arjun (don't remember his last name).  BDB 2013, tried out for the A corps for 2014, didn't make it, made it into Bloo and marched a FANTASTIC show.  Don;t remember where he was in 2015, but 2016 and 17 in BDA.

He's talking about another guy who went the BDB-Bloo-BDA route.  He was with Bloo last year for their championship performance. I believe Arjun tried out in 2015 as well but didn't make it so took a year off.  He had marched Bloo in 2014 as a 15 year old, so he only ages out in 2020 I believe.

BDA's snareline this past year consisted of two former Crown snares and four former Bloo snares, three of which were on the 2014 Bluecoats line and two have former BDB ties.

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

He's talking about another guy who went the BDB-Bloo-BDA route.  He was with Bloo last year for their championship performance. I believe Arjun tried out in 2015 as well but didn't make it so took a year off.  He had marched Bloo in 2014 as a 15 year old, so he only ages out in 2020 I believe.

BDA's snareline this past year consisted of two former Crown snares and four former Bloo snares, three of which were on the 2014 Bluecoats line and two have former BDB ties.

Ahh...thanks.   I remembered that someone from 16 Bloo went BD this year, but could not remember the section.

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

got some more specific numbers for Cadets

Age Outs - Trumpets (8), Mellophones (2), Baritones (5), Tubas (2), Snares (4), Tenors (2), Bass (3), Pit (4)

DM(1), Guard (14) (12 of the 14 include 2 from Japan and are flags - most of the weapons can come back)

So instrumentalists who aged out total 29

Initial feedback suggest very good retention from the non-age outs as well - so seems like a base for 2018

And three vocalists... if it matters.

• Like 1

Just now, Shewhois said:

Yup I was focusing on the instrumental folks to be honest. Plus 1 DM and the guard folks. 

• Like 1

Mandarins had about 15 age-outs according to my source. I don't know the specific section breakdown. But assuming they (1) retain the same design team, (2) see a large number of returning members (after having a positive 2017 experience), and (3) attract lots of new talent as a result of further exposure this year, 2018 could be even more exciting for Mandarins. 

2 hours ago, Shewhois said:

If my math is correct, Cadets have 47 total age outs  ( courtesy George Dixon )

Edited by BRASSO

Most of BD's hornline was rookies anyway.  I heard 50?  (not confirmed) but I hardly saw any familiar faces and look how they did.

I am gonna say watch out for b corps next year!

C corps isn't cute anymore either.  They beat a couple corps and are only gonna get better.