Age Outs

19 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

I'd guess the majority of corps have had at least one member go to Concord over the years.

I've also wondered how many of the  Blue Devils MM's on average each year come up from the Blue Devils own Feeder Corps ( BDB, BDC ). Does their own Feeder Corps system become their primary replacement system for marchers or are the other Corps the de facto annual Feeder Corps system for the Blue Devils ? I would imagine its the latter, but I don't really know for sure. I would tend to believe that perhaps other DCP'ers on here too might want to know as well. The same with SCV and the Colts, as these 2 Corps also have their own Organization's internal Feeder Corps too.

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I've also wondered how many of the  Blue Devils MM's on average each year come up from the Blue Devils own Feeder Corps ( BDB, BDC ). Does their own Feeder Corps system become their primary replacement system for marchers or are the other Corps the de facto annual Feeder Corps system for the Blue Devils ? I would imagine its the latter, but I don't really know for sure. I would tend to believe that perhaps other DCP'ers on here too might want to know as well. The same with SCV and the Colts, as these 2 Corps also have their own Organization's internal Feeder Corps too.

If you want to see how many current MM's came up through the B and C corps, you can look at their profiles on the BD website. It will list their prior memberships in the three corps. Also, I believe that this year every world class corps was represented in the A corps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, desertrat68 said:

, I believe that this year every world class corps was represented in the A corps. 

in most National/International sports leagues they have a term for this :.... " The All Star Team ".. ( haha!)

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

41 members of the 2017 A corps marched the B corps at some point. I think it was less than 20 that were in the B corps last year but I didn't keep track of that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Moving up from B to A is not a given....it pretty much was back when I marched, but today, not so much.

Arjun from the 16-17 snare line was BDB in 2013, did not make the A line in 14, but marched Bloo (GOOD choice!), I think he took a year off fro 15 (like Brandon Olander, he was still a high school student at the time), then made the line in 16.

There are some B members who never make A, even after multiple tries.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Do the choir members who didn't age out have any other D&BC talents?

Some are music majors, some are engineering majors, one is a nursing major; all are giving their Cadets summer raves. They won't want for offers.

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

Cadets' age-outs at Retirement/Graduation ceremony morning of Finals, Carmel, Indiana

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, indoor

fabulous group photo !.. oh to be so young.. lol

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

How many age outs were there in the Madison Scouts, Blue Stars this season ( and a few other WC Div. Corps that remain ) ?