Flowmarching - take a look at your credit cards

I signed up for one month just to watch a couple of shows and finals. I did not authorize them continue charging me. They took another $49.99 out today even though my subscription is cancelled. - Just an FYI.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, StunnedMonkey said:

Why not just contact them and alert them of the mistake?  There are instructions all over their site about who to contact for billing issues.

Did you actually cancel? The one month subscription is recurring until you cancel it. If you did then I'm sure they'll straighten it out for you.

He did cancel. That was his point.

• Like 1

I'm trying to remember what I had to do when PBS charged me to watch drum corps after I cancelled my subscription.

Oh, wait, it's all coming back to me now.  They didn't charge me a dime, because it didn't cost anything.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SFZFAN said:

I signed up for one month just to watch a couple of shows and finals. I did not authorize them continue charging me. They took another $49.99 out today even though my subscription is cancelled. - Just an FYI.

Good to know.  I will check!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SFZFAN said:

You need to cancel the day prior to renewal date, or earlier.

I believe there is no option to avoid monthly auto-renewal.  This is likely ncluded in terms & conditions (which few people read).

As your membership is valid through the end of the current month's term, you could have set up cancellation immediately after the start of the current month.  You would have had access throughout the month, and it would not have renewed.

Subscription services are dangerous, which is why it is important to track renewal dates and understand terms.

i forgot to cancel subscription after Allentown show, and it auto-renewed for a period having no value to me, as I attended live shows the week of August 7.

The best approach would be to join the day of the first event you want to watch, immediately setting up cancellation.  Then, if there are shows after the initial 30-day period, you could join again (and maybe even be given an incentive/discount to renew).

2 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

Had the same thing happen.  I canceled after 3 days because it was so bad.  They immediately charged for the next month and I had to ask for a refund.  Seems like they're just fishing for extra cash in case you weren't watching.

• Like 1

I just cancelled.  Seemed pretty easy to me.  The recurring bill was made quite clear upon signup.

But for those that are staying on (for DCA maybe?) - you should cancel - and then resubscribe because if you cancel they offer 20% off the next month to change your mind!

• Like 3