Flowmarching - take a look at your credit cards

Always a pleasure to return to a thread that has digressed!

Edited by luv4corps

I'm very envious of those who have been able to reach FloFlop.  The phone number given above goes right to voice mail.  The customer email was sent yesterday at 12:30MT with no reply.  During their broadcasts, they'd reply quickly for technical support.  Just spoke with DCI and was told they have no numbers and suggested I use their cust. Support email. They cannot be that busy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

I talked to them on the phone and was promised a callback from a supervisor. I did not get one. I have disputed the charge through my bank and they will not be getting my money in the long run. 

Wise choice. If the company fails to be responsive and you feel the charge is unwarranted, contact your issuing credit card provider. If you paid by credit, a dispute on your behalf can be created by your bank's customer service representative. At that point, YOUR BANK, will submit the inquiry to the merchant for their response. The dispute will, at least, temporarily remove the charge from your account. Pending the outcome, most likely will be removed altogether if found in your favor.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, MikeD said:

Actually it was not really free....people made pledges during the pledge drives to help fund the station. Sadly, too many drum corps fans failed to honor those pledges, which led to the eventual cancelation of the show.

Not to mention the tax $ they get

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I'm very envious of those who have been able to reach FloFlop.  The phone number given above goes right to voice mail.  The customer email was sent yesterday at 12:30MT with no reply.  During their broadcasts, they'd reply quickly for technical support.  Just spoke with DCI and was told they have no numbers and suggested I use their cust. Support email. They cannot be that busy.

My guess is they have had a bunch of calls about this very subject and don't know how to handle it yet. 

I'm honestly surprised people didn't realize it was a monthly subscription and not just a month of access. I thought it was made clear on the purchase page that it's a subscription. I just saw a screenshot that says FloPRO Subscription and $49.99/mo below that. It is really easy to forget to cancel though. Like others have said, it's always best to cancel soon after your subscription starts so you don't have to remember 30 days later to cancel.

13 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

I'm honestly surprised people didn't realize it was a monthly subscription and not just a month of access. I thought it was made clear on the purchase page that it's a subscription. I just saw a screenshot that says FloPRO Subscription and $49.99/mo below that. It is really easy to forget to cancel though. Like others have said, it's always best to cancel soon after your subscription starts so you don't have to remember 30 days later to cancel.

It was clear on the site. I sent an alert on my calendar to make sure I canceled before another payment would be charged in late August. 

I actually got a real live human being on the phone just now. She spouted the same thing as the guy yesterday. I'm fully aware I missed the part about it renewing automatically but any company worth their salt would refund the $$ just to be honest. I have once again been promised a call from a manager. Not holding my breath.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

It was clear on the site. I sent an alert on my calendar to make sure I canceled before another payment would be charged in late August. 

Based on the number of respondents who didn't find it clear, I'd say that it wasn't clear enough. All in all, a rough first year from Flo - even though I thoroughly enjoyed having Flo as a means to tune into the shows. In spite of some of their challenges, I would definitely subscribe again because my love for drum corps exceeds any impediments with DCI's streaming service partner.

Furthermore, considering the challenge for many to locate the customer service contacts, and very limited, if any info from DCI, you would think that both Flo and DCI can do a better job in offering a more convenient link and FAQ for service issues.

My guess is both DCI and Flo would agree they can do better than this.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Based on the number of respondents who didn't find it clear, I'd say that it wasn't clear enough. All in all, a rough first year from Flo -

I'm happy to criticize them for the quality - poor picture, terrible camera angles, numerous sound issues, etc., but not for the subscription rules, because it was all there. It said it was a fee that renewed monthly on the same day each month. Then I looked for the cancelation information to make sure I understood it clearly and there would be no surprises. After that, I set a calendar alert well in advance of the renewal day. Only after that did I sign up.

Got my cancelation confirmation which specified how many more days of access were still remaining. Saved and printed it in case I have any issues at billing time.

It's always a good idea to be extra diligent with anything with the word "subscription" in it. 

• Like 2