Flowmarching - take a look at your credit cards

On 8/14/2017 at 11:14 PM, Stu said:

The demise of DCI on PBS was limited sponsorships combined with sone people would call in during the DCI broadcast, make a pledge, then fail to make the payment commitment. Do some research even here on DCP and you will find that to be true.

Did you pay them? I'm curious.

14 hours ago, lindap said:

Indeed, a lot of talk, and a lot of exaggeration.  If as many people didn't honor their pledge as this lot are claiming, then PBS would have gone off the air right alongside finals.

Now come the backtracking excuses.

Maria Chappelle-Nadal

18 hours ago, lindap said:

a) I paid every pledge I made by check with a letter of thanks for the DCI broadcast.

b) I also volunteered for PBS not only during the DCI pledge drive but also a few other times each year. That is how I know that shows like DCI and a few others were dropped, in part, due to lower than expected collection rates along with lack of broadcast sponsorship. PBS in of itself was not impacted that much because the pledge drives during shows like Austin City Limits, Sesame Street, etc. all had a very high ratio of collections. Do some research here on DCP and you can cross-reference this issue.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

I suspect that there is some confusion when you go to cancel your Flomarching account. As has been stated here many time before, it was EXTREMELY clear that the subscription would renew automatically each month if you didn't cancel. If you were not aware of that, you just simply didn't pay attention. As for the cancelling itself, that may be confusing. When you access your account and go the the subscriptions portion there is a link to cancel your subscription. When  you click that link a dialog box appears with 2 buttons. The first one says "cancel" and the second says" Yes I want to cancel my subscription". I guarantee some folks thought the "cancel" button canceled their subscription, but it did not. It canceled the request to cancel the subscription. Hope this helps.

Cancelled my subscription and received the following email less than 5 minutes later. Removed my email for obvious reasons.

We’re sorry to see you go, but please know you can come back anytime. No hard feelings!

Your membership is now cancelled, but you will have access until August 30, 2017.

Username: 10212934202129034
Email:
Access ends: August 30, 2017

Thanks!
The FloMarching Team

On 8/19/2017 at 3:40 PM, Bobby L. Collins said:

Indeed, a lot of talk, and a lot of exaggeration.  If as many people didn't honor their pledge as this lot are claiming, then PBS would have gone off the air right alongside finals.

Now come the backtracking excuses.

None of this addresses the problem that PBS broadcast Finals in November.

You can go watch all of the shows for free right now on YouTube, at infinitely better quality than PBS ever had.

Why the pissing and moaning?

I pointed this out last week and you conveniently declined any comment on it, but now here you are again pissing that PBS is gone. 

Drum Corps doesn't need PBS.

Edited by Lead
  • Like 1

I also was charged an additional $49.99 by FloMarching after I had canceled my account immediately after DCI Finals. The charge was done on 8/19. I called my bank to tell them that I would not pay it. They gave me the phone number of FloMarching which is 844-278-1870. When I called I was asked to leave a message. Fat chance!

8 hours ago, blairSCV said:

I also was charged an additional $49.99 by FloMarching after I had canceled my account immediately after DCI Finals. The charge was done on 8/19. I called my bank to tell them that I would not pay it. They gave me the phone number of FloMarching which is 844-278-1870. When I called I was asked to leave a message. Fat chance!

Did you receive a confirmation email form FloMarching confirming your cancellation? If you did, then that's a problem. If you didn't you did not complete the cancellation process properly.

After I cancelled I began to recieve  emails...

"Your FloPRO subscription on FloMarching expires tomorrow — this is your last chance to take advantage of our one-time 20% discount upon renewal. If you upgrade to an annual subscription, you’ll get to enjoy premium content to ALL FloSports Websites AND save 37%."