Death to the Seat Poachers

29 minutes ago, sched88 said:

I sat in section 139 in row 20 and we only had poachers on Finals night. I got there and told the young woman & man that they were sitting in my seats.  The young woman apologized and moved right away.  There was no attitude and no demand to see my ticket.  Mind you, if I would have gotten attitude, I would have reacted very quickly as I won't take crap from someone when I paid good, hard-earned money for a seat that they're sitting in. 

Last year, I was asked to see my ticket by the poacher.  Again, not a kid.  

• Like 1

Not to change the subject, but a new twist to the topic.., the NY Yankees really need to find some faux seat squatters and stick their fannies in the seats behind home plate and along the 1st/ 3rd base lines. It must a freakin embarrassment to the Yankees organization and to MLB to have TV watchers turn on the Yankees home games and see nothing but spiders and cobwebs in many of those Millionaires Row, fancy pants pricey seats.

ok... now back to the DCI seat squatters discussion in DCI, ...........

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, Tony L. said:

In the Friends section, they were borderline obnoxious asking to see the ticket.  It's like I have already shown you the ticket 5 times!  Is it too much to remember me in one small section?   During finals I avoided the issue by tagging myself with the ticket to avoid interrogation!

That  didn't happen to us once.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

5 minutes ago, TomVV said:

At prelims I sat in 338 in the top row.  Some corps kids "poached" on the seats next to me.  When the seat holders arrived, the kids were very polite and left. Within 10 minutes I had to shame the 50-something year olds in those seats to quit talking during the performance by telling them that the young people I was sitting next to previously knew proper audience etiquette. Rudeness is not restricted by generation.

I saw you at outside at finals  but didn’t say hi, you look just like you do on your website

The "seat poachers" I don't mind are the members of the Marine Drum & Bugle Corps.  They are always very polite respectful, and offer to leave the seat before anyone even has to tell them.  If I was a better person I might have offered my seat to one of them, but like I said if I was...

In fairness, the vast majority of marching members were respectful and courteous. The handful who do not respond to polite "redirection" to seating areas designated for those with wristbands were definitely squeaky wheels who end up reflecting poorly on their peers. In my experience, it was adults who tried the hardest to test boundaries and acted as though they were entitled. Especially problematic were adults who would text kids and friends about "empty seats" in their sections.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Last year, I was asked to see my ticket by the poacher.  Again, not a kid.  

Ah, I see.  Doesn't matter what the age of the poacher to me.  If my ticket says I own that seat for a night, then I have no problem taking up for myself no matter if the people are rude or not. I won't take it.

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I'm polite.  Jim however.....

Go, Jim!

• Like 2