Death to the Seat Poachers

3 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I'll keep this simple. I don't care where people sit as long as they don't sit in my seat. Two choices after the usual "you're not so stupid to think someone didn't purchase this seat" then I give them two choices; One - get up, apologize, leave and never come back. Two - I throw you over the railing and you have to explain to the usher how you got on the field. 

:spitting:Always the subtle touch. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

- I throw you over the railing and you have to explain to the usher how you got on the field. 

*Thats if you survive Jim's high velocity throw*

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

I don't think some of you have been to as many sporting events as you like to claim.

You pull that kind of crap at a pro game, and not only are you being removed from your seat, you're going to the parking lot, either feet-first or head-first.

The only "snowflakes" in the equation are the ones that think an empty seat is fair game.  Sit where your ticket tells you to sit, and stop being part of the problem.  

I don't think you know anything about sporting events.

Sitting in the wrong seat would never result in an ejection, let alone being forcibly removed.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

:spitting:Always the subtle touch. 

Your husband is one of my favorites on here:inlove:

• Like 1

As someone who actually works at a stadium, I can give you all a few almost certain facts:

#1 - In practically every stadium, an usher can ask anyone at anytime to see their tickets and you are required to do so.  Doesn't matter if they remember you or not.  My section has approximately 700 people that I could interact with.  I try, but I don't always remember people.  Sometimes, staff are directed to always check tickets.  I work in the 'nosebleeds' and always get asked "who is going to sneak into here?"  While that may be true, my location for all games is on the 50YL, and I still have to check your ticket.  

#2 - 'Seat poachers' are a problem at every single event in every stadium.  If someone hands me a ticket and I notice them headed to the wrong seats, I will stop them and redirect them (redirect because I tell every single person whose ticket I see exactly how to get to their seat.)  But this is dependent on me following them.  Many times, people only move down a few rows, or they could enter their area and just walk across many sections to get to the wrong-but better seats.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

I don't think you know anything about sporting events.

Sitting in the wrong seat would never result in an ejection, let alone being forcibly removed.

.....it happens practically all the time.  Especially when alcohol is involved.  Hence, nearly ever pro sporting venue has a blitzed fan who thinks he or she can sit anywhere they please, and when they try to pick a fight with ticket holders, an usher, or a security guard......they pay the iron price.

Just now, Bobby L. Collins said:

.....it happens practically all the time.  Especially when alcohol is involved.  Hence, nearly ever pro sporting venue has a blitzed fan who thinks he or she can sit anywhere they please, and when they try to pick a fight with ticket holders, an usher, or a security guard......they pay the iron price.

No, it's when people get physical/verbal that they are removed.  NEVER for just sitting in the wrong seat.

• Like 2