Death to the Seat Poachers

8 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

I didn't experience any rudeness related to this.  And I don't mind loaning out a seat in my block if I know it's unoccupied for the night or until a certain point in time.  I think the challenge was on Saturday night.  It seems most complaining about this were in section 100, as was I.  I was on the 10th row on the 50 in 140 (incredible music seats!).  The way the stadium is designed, between sections 138 and 142, the entry is confined.  There were huge traffic jams with seat poachers having to vacate at the same time the paying customers were trying to get in - especially in the 10-12 block.  DCI DOES need to ensure tickets are validated at the entry to those sections - at least on Saturday night.  I was not once asked to show my ticket the entire week.

Harvey

We encountered some VERY RUDE jerks down in 140 on finals night. I sat there behind my computer and jumped in on the day in December that the tickets went on sale, and ponied up face value plus $10 (overall, close to $560) for four tickets on the 50. Just before Phantom came on, these three guys plop themselves into our row, one of them into one of our seats. I informed him that it was one of our seats and he should move...and he refused. Never asked, didn't ask when confronted. Wearing a wristband too. I'm sorry, if I'm paying close to $10 a corps on tickets, it's theft for someone to sit in that seat. Furthermore, with the wristband, it pretty well signalled that they didn't pay for any type of ticket, even a cheap one. The rest of our party wasn't in the stadium yet, but we would have welcomed a little elbow room during the show until they showed up. But noooo...this entitled ahole and friends just came down and took the seats...if they'd asked, I might have let him. There were more open seats on the other side of the rest of the poachers, but he flat-out refused. If the show wasn't already starting, I might have physically removed this schmuck from our seat. Went and talked to the ushers, and they blew me off with the weak "if I check their stubs, I have to check everyone's stubs". Uhhhh, no, DCI. Why do you have ushers then? Save the money.

OK, there will probably be a couple of you who take issue with my reaction (I hope not though). I obtained tickets for friends of mine, and at semis, I had two tickets for a couple of gals I marched with years ago. They were very excited about the good seats. Saw one of them about halfway through the show and asked how they were enjoying the show. She responded that she'd been watching from the tunnel. I asked where the other gal was, and she said the gal was watching from upstairs. I ask why, and she said the seats weren't available. I immediately went down to the seats, and there was a man and a woman (woman had one of those "gold" passes) and told them to get the hell out of the seats. They immediately got up and left, didn't acknowledge me or anything. They stole  >$40 worth of ticket price from my two lady friends, and ruined their enjoyment of the show. Just because you sit somewhere that's not occupied, and nobody comes and asks you to leave, that doesn't mean the person with the tickets isn't there. My friend is a very nice, non-confrontational person, and was simply too timid to ask for her seats. 

So, sitting in seats for semis and finals (quarters, not as big a deal IMHO) that you don't have a ticket for is NOT that harmless. It's theft, it's rude and if you are asked to move by the legitimate ticketholder and don't, you should be ejected from the entire show by the ushers, and have your wristband removed as well. Not excuse for it, sorry. $139 (or $129)  is not chump change, it's rent for that seat for the evening. Anyone not paying for that seats shouldn't be entitled to it. I might be willing to concede that it the seats are empty all night and you're down to the last corps or two, then maybe. But still, that ticket might belong to someone with one of the late corps, and you shouldn't have to fight for your seat. Sorry to sound like a harda$s about the situation, but I'm still furious at how my friends spent $158 on two seats and were only able to use them for the last few corps because of the selfishness of others. I'm out.  

Edited by BDCorno
sp, grammar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

Just googled it!  Sending mine in tomorrow!  Also, it looks like they do not, in fact, accept cake. 

Definitely worth a laugh!  Great posts.

And welcome!  Look me up!  Sec 240, row 6 & 7, seats 16 - 20.  I'll be the responsible-looking one.  The rest are thieves.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Definitely worth a laugh!  Great posts.

And welcome!  Look me up!  Sec 240, row 6 & 7, seats 16 - 20.  I'll be the responsible-looking one.  The rest are thieves.

Cake is cheaper than the extra you pay for Friends seats. Just sayin'. I like the idea.

14 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

We encountered some VERY RUDE jerks down in 140 on finals night. I sat there behind my computer and jumped in on the day in December that the tickets went on sale, and ponied up face value plus $10 (overall, close to $560) for four tickets on the 50. Just before Phantom came on, these three guys plop themselves into our row, one of them into one of our seats. I informed him that it was one of our seats and he should move...and he refused. Never asked, didn't ask when confronted. Wearing a wristband too. I'm sorry, if I'm paying close to $10 a corps on tickets, it's theft for someone to sit in that seat. Furthermore, with the wristband, it pretty well signalled that they didn't pay for any type of ticket, even a cheap one. The rest of our party wasn't in the stadium yet, but we would have welcomed a little elbow room during the show until they showed up. But noooo...this entitled ahole and friends just came down and took the seats...if they'd asked, I might have let him. There were more open seats on the other side of the rest of the poachers, but he flat-out refused. If the show wasn't already starting, I might have physically removed this schmuck from our seat. Went and talked to the ushers, and they blew me off with the weak "if I check their stubs, I have to check everyone's stubs". Uhhhh, no, DCI. Why do you have ushers then? Save the money.

OK, there will probably be a couple of you who take issue with my reaction (I hope not though). I obtained tickets for friends of mine, and at semis, I had two tickets for a couple of gals I marched with years ago. They were very excited about the good seats. Saw one of them about halfway through the show and asked how they were enjoying the show. She responded that she'd been watching from the tunnel. I asked where the other gal was, and she said the gal was watching from upstairs. I ask why, and she said the seats weren't available. I immediately went down to the seats, and there was a man and a woman (woman had one of those "gold" passes) and told them to get the hell out of the seats. They immediately got up and left, didn't acknowledge me or anything. They stole  >$40 worth of ticket price from my two lady friends, and ruined their enjoyment of the show. Just because you sit somewhere that's not occupied, and nobody comes and asks you to leave, that doesn't mean the person with the tickets isn't there. My friend is a very nice, non-confrontational person, and was simply too timid to ask for her seats. 

So, sitting in seats for semis and finals (quarters, not as big a deal IMHO) that you don't have a ticket for is NOT that harmless. It's theft, it's rude and if you are asked to move by the legitimate ticketholder and don't, you should be ejected from the entire show by the ushers, and have your wristband removed as well. Not excuse for it, sorry. $139 (or $129)  is not chump change, it's rent for that seat for the evening. Anyone not paying for that seats shouldn't be entitled to it. I might be willing to concede that it the seats are empty all night and you're down to the last corps or two, then maybe. But still, that ticket might belong to someone with one of the late corps, and you shouldn't have to fight for your seat. Sorry to sound like a harda$s about the situation, but I'm still furious at how my friends spent $158 on two seats and were only able to use them for the last few corps because of the selfishness of others. I'm out.  

You know what's hilarious about this?  Our friend that we sit with sent an email to DCI last year after finals asking what we should do about these squatters.  He was told to get the usher.  Lol 

You can't make this #### up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

It is unfathomable for me to believe that you couldn't get help from the usher WHEN YOU HAD THE TICKET and someone had taken the seat.  What are they even there for then?

I have pro basketball season tickets and the ushers are swift to eject anyone who is in the wrong spot.  

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You know what's hilarious about this?  Our friend that we sit with sent an email to DCI last year after finals asking what we should do about these squatters.  He was told to get the usher.  Lol 

You can't make this #### up. 

https://media.giphy.com/media/aNtt9T8SqGNK8/giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

It is unfathomable for me to believe that you couldn't get help from the usher WHEN YOU HAD THE TICKET and someone had taken the seat.  What are they even there for then?

I have pro basketball season tickets and the ushers are swift to eject anyone who is in the wrong spot.  

I couldn't believe it...the ladies in pink were far more hardas$ than the guys in blue. All they cared about was the amount of staff members hanging against the wall. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BDCorno said:

I couldn't believe it...the ladies in pink were far more hardas$ than the guys in blue. All they cared about was the amount of staff members hanging against the wall. 

I feel bad about your friends.  A ticket holder standing in the tunnel?  That's total ########.