Death to the Seat Poachers

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I feel bad about your friends.  A ticket holder standing in the tunnel?  That's total ########. 

that's what angers me the most. Nicest person you'll ever meet, and too kind to boot those people. She deserved to watch the show (wife of the SCVAC drum major BTW).

• Like 1

Just asking because I'm not sure how this works.  Assuming the Stadium Authority (people that run the stadium) has a contract with the company that provides security, and if the ushers are not doing their job as (maybe) the terms of their contract with the Stadium Authority dictate...

If the security company is not doing their contractual duty

.. Is Lucas Oil possibly in violation of their agreement with DCI if the security is not being handled per agreement?

Disclaimer- I do not know what agreements are in place or how DCI's agreement with the venue is worded. Just thinking out loud.

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Call @Jim Schehr over next year.  He'll throw them over the railing :laughing:

I could have, but thought better of it...I'd probably end up arrested, with the poachers still sitting in my seats. DCI gets the stadium essentially free, so I doubt they have the stadium NFL security. Probably should. Those guys are serious. Now as for the gate personnel, that's another thread altogether. I think we ran into the son of the guy that got punched out by the Troopers horn instructor, over at the west gate on finals day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

I could have, but thought better of it...I'd probably end up arrested, with the poachers still sitting in my seats. DCI gets the stadium essentially free, so I doubt they have the stadium NFL security. Probably should. Those guys are serious. Now as for the gate personnel, that's another thread altogether. I think we ran into the son of the guy that got punched out by the Troopers horn instructor, over at the west gate on finals day.

I went in with a disabled friend Saturday to make sure he got in ok.  No one looked in my bag.  Got the vuvuzela and missile-like object in easily.  :laughing:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I went in with a disabled friend Saturday to make sure he got in ok.  No one looked in my bag.  Got the vuvuzela and missile-like object in easily.  :laughing:

So that was you, instead of a mic problem with Crown's singer? :laughing: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luv4corps said:

It is unfathomable for me to believe that you couldn't get help from the usher WHEN YOU HAD THE TICKET and someone had taken the seat. 

Heh... sounds like the exact opposite situation than with the security folks at the DCA title show in Scranton years back, when they'd put you in handcuffs just for staring at them.  :tongue:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

Heh... sounds like the exact opposite situation than with the security folks at the DCA title show in Scranton years back, when they'd put you in handcuffs just for staring at them.  :tongue:

The moosil brown shirts.  Oh I miss them so...:laughing:

• Like 2

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

The moosil brown shirts.  Oh I miss them so...:laughing:

At the top of my list from those days... the time when a security guard tried to forcibly move a man in a wheelchair because the man was not in the designated accessible-seating area. The man in question happened to be a DCA/senior corps icon. 

Several alums of that man's former corps didn't take kindly to the security person's attempt... and, until cooler heads prevailed, were about to separate that security person's head from the rest of his body.  :tongue:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

At the top of my list from those days... the time when a security guard tried to forcibly move a man in a wheelchair because the man was not in the designated accessible-seating area. The man in question happened to be a DCA/senior corps icon. 

Several alums of that man's former corps didn't take kindly to the security person's attempt... and, until cooler heads prevailed, were about to separate that security person's head from the rest of his body.  :tongue:

They kicked us out of our warmup area in 2003! 

• Like 1