Death to the Seat Poachers

18 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That should work lol

oh there was some butt hurt about it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luv4corps said:

This is a situation that could have easily come to blows!  I know that is how mad I would have been about it.  

Next time I go to Indy I will mark my seat with a sign that says something like: "This is my seat.  I paid for it.  I will be right back.  Sit somewhere else, you mooch."

Or something to that affect.  At the very least, it would cause a sane person to take pause before sitting down - lol.

:spitting:

So one thing I notice here is the problem seems to occur mainly around the 139 /239 -141/141 sections which makes sense as they are the prime seats off the concourse, club lounge area and around the 50 yard line so maybe a simple fix is to reallocate the amount of staff at those gates

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowtown said:

So one thing I notice here is the problem seems to occur mainly around the 139 /239 -141/141 sections which makes sense as they are the prime seats off the concourse, club lounge area and around the 50 yard line so maybe a simple fix is to reallocate the amount of staff at those gates

These ###clowns have no integrity or basic decency. I'll take care of it myself thank you.

edited for filter circumvention. Future instances may result in a warning or suspension. -Toby

Edited by Toby

I did not attend nationals in Indy.  Not once yet, but am hoping to go next year.  After reading these posts I am getting totally irritated.  Not so much to make me not want to go but enough to make me prepared to be less than kind should anyone be sitting in my seat when I get there or at anytime.  There are few things I hate in this world more than this type of action which is nothing short of theft, plain and simple.  Call it what it is people, it is THEFT.  It is not poaching, it is not a seat saver like at the Oscars.  I won't stand for this and I don't stand for line cutters.  Ask my wife.  I embarrass her when someone cuts in front of me in a line and call the person out.  In this situation DCI could and should help.  They are obligated to as part of their customer service.  It should not end once a ticket is purchased.  It is not like a local show where a sponsor manages the event.  This is a DCI managed event in conjunction with LOS.  The security staff although working with LOS should be also following their customer (DCI) R&R's for the event.  The LOS security staff coupled with DCI representatives (pink shirted people?)  joining them at gates, entry ways and seating areas.  They can certainly ands with not a huge amount of difficulty manage the "guests" much better and they should think of the paying customers as guests.

As a customer, I would have a zero tolerance level for seat stealers and talkers.  It may seem counter to the talkers, but I have no qualms telling any of them to shut up and say it loudly (the counter part) and be specific as to whom I meant.  I also have no problem calling a seat stealer just that, in a loud voice so all around me would know who I was directing by public accusation at.  I would have an usher at my hip (making them do their job) and, using my outside voice, be telling (not asking) the usher to remove the seat stealer.  What allows or enables these people to get away with this stuff is no one speaking up, right then and there.  No one making it public; loud enough for all to hear them called out as a seat stealer.  They are rewarded with their bad behavior by anonymity.  By the majority of people being nice.  Being nice and accepting your fate (standing in the tunnel and not sitting in you $40 seat) allows this to continue.  You would be no ruder than these offenders.  Some may say it would be lowering yourself to theIr level.  So what!!!  They are stealing my seat and ruining my experience (and probably others in the case of talkers).

The world at times seems like it is you against the "rules & courtesy don't apply to me" people.  Don't accept their lack or courtesy as just the way or the world.  We learned discipline in drum corps, it is time to apply it to stealers and talkers.  Many of the audience have travelled far and paid lots of money during the year to support their favorite corps.  They have a right to sit in their seat and enjoy the show.  Zero tolerance sheeple.  No more sheeple people.

Send a note to your favorite corps and ask their management and DCI meeting attendees, to raise this issue at the winter meetings and maybe DCI will take steps to make this better.  Don't just raise your voice at the show, do it all during the offseason.  DCI wants you to buy tickets now;  make DCI start taking steps to improve this concern, starting now.  DCI needs to know this is a serious concern and avoid some unfortunate and stupid occurring.

OK then, hopping off my soapbox now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

I did not attend nationals in Indy.  Not once yet, but am hoping to go next year.  After reading these posts I am getting totally irritated.  Not so much to make me not want to go but enough to make me prepared to be less than kind should anyone be sitting in my seat when I get there or at anytime.  There are few things I hate in this world more than this type of action which is nothing short of theft, plain and simple.  Call it what it is people, it is THEFT.  It is not poaching, it is not a seat saver like at the Oscars.  I won't stand for this and I don't stand for line cutters.  Ask my wife.  I embarrass her when someone cuts in front of me in a line and call the person out.  In this situation DCI could and should help.  They are obligated to as part of their customer service.  It should not end once a ticket is purchased.  It is not like a local show where a sponsor manages the event.  This is a DCI managed event in conjunction with LOS.  The security staff although working with LOS should be also following their customer (DCI) R&R's for the event.  The LOS security staff coupled with DCI representatives (pink shirted people?)  joining them at gates, entry ways and seating areas.  They can certainly ands with not a huge amount of difficulty manage the "guests" much better and they should think of the paying customers as guests.

As a customer, I would have a zero tolerance level for seat stealers and talkers.  It may seem counter to the talkers, but I have no qualms telling any of them to shut up and say it loudly (the counter part) and be specific as to whom I meant.  I also have no problem calling a seat stealer just that, in a loud voice so all around me would know who I was directing by public accusation at.  I would have an usher at my hip (making them do their job) and, using my outside voice, be telling (not asking) the usher to remove the seat stealer.  What allows or enables these people to get away with this stuff is no one speaking up, right then and there.  No one making it public; loud enough for all to hear them called out as a seat stealer.  They are rewarded with their bad behavior by anonymity.  By the majority of people being nice.  Being nice and accepting your fate (standing in the tunnel and not sitting in you $40 seat) allows this to continue.  You would be no ruder than these offenders.  Some may say it would be lowering yourself to theIr level.  So what!!!  They are stealing my seat and ruining my experience (and probably others in the case of talkers).

The world at times seems like it is you against the "rules & courtesy don't apply to me" people.  Don't accept their lack or courtesy as just the way or the world.  We learned discipline in drum corps, it is time to apply it to stealers and talkers.  Many of the audience have travelled far and paid lots of money during the year to support their favorite corps.  They have a right to sit in their seat and enjoy the show.  Zero tolerance sheeple.  No more sheeple people.

Send a note to your favorite corps and ask their management and DCI meeting attendees, to raise this issue at the winter meetings and maybe DCI will take steps to make this better.  Don't just raise your voice at the show, do it all during the offseason.  DCI wants you to buy tickets now;  make DCI start taking steps to improve this concern, starting now.  DCI needs to know this is a serious concern and avoid some unfortunate and stupid occurring.

OK then, hopping off my soapbox now.

Don't hesitate to get to Indy for all three days. What's said here is true, but it's also a highly concentrated focus on this one topic. With the MMs + paying fans, there are likely 25,000+ people on one side of LOS, and some frustrations are bound to arise. But on balance, it's a great three days. Many, many of the MMs and their fans and parents, are pleasant and polite and considerate. You'll like it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cowtown said:

No the problem is also up in the 5th and sixth levels as well. I have some sympathy for the open class and non-finalist World Class mms.

But when it is adults, even those instructors for these or other corps, no way.