Who will be the darlings next year?

I'll give you 2 apiece in World and Open.

First for Open Class:

Louisiana Stars - when was the last time we've seen a corps build as quickly as this one? I don't know that much about them but have been a fan since I first saw them in a couple of years ago.  Based on what I've seen of them, I have no doubt they will continue to move up the competitie ladder.

Music City - A 2-time semi finalist now, MCDC played and looked the part of a World Class drum corps show. After seeing many of the OC shows, Music City was my favorite of all of them - incuding SCVC and BDB.

World Class:

Crossmen - Musically, they had about the best book of anyone this season. The brass is well taught and they can fire on all cyclynders.  It seems like they've learned how to play the game in DCI. Watch out - 2018 can really be a big year for Bones.

Academy - Any corps that has Michael Klesch as their brass arranger, is a corps that's got a huge chance to succeed. Once they finally figured out how to clean and finish the show, they began climbing as well as anyone. Had they had a couple of more weeks, they might have really pushed Madison for that last spot. Do the same thing in 2018 - just do it quicker.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I'll give you 2 apiece in World and Open.

First for Open Class:

Louisiana Stars - when was the last time we've seen a corps build as quickly as this one? I don't know that much about them but have been a fan since I first saw them in a couple of years ago.  Based on what I've seen of them, I have no doubt they will continue to move up the competitie ladder.

Music City - A 2-time semi finalist now, MCDC played and looked the part of a World Class drum corps show. After seeing many of the OC shows, Music City was my favorite of all of them - incuding SCVC and BDB.

World Class:

Crossmen - Musically, they had about the best book of anyone this season. The brass is well taught and they can fire on all cyclynders.  It seems like they've learned how to play the game in DCI. Watch out - 2018 can really be a big year for Bones.

Academy - Any corps that has Michael Klesch as their brass arranger, is a corps that's got a huge chance to succeed. Once they finally figured out how to clean and finish the show, they began climbing as well as anyone. Had they had a couple of more weeks, they might have really pushed Madison for that last spot. Do the same thing in 2018 - just do it quicker.

Academy lost their percussion head to Mandarins. The results speak for themselves. 

• Like 1

Open will be seeing more of Legends and Music City I hope.

BDB inches closer to WC and takes their division in percussion title back.

I think BAC and Cavaliers are going to be a big factor. 

On 8/15/2017 at 3:32 PM, BRASSO said:

Imagine though If one of the women herself had the 25 mil. to give to BK after falling in love with them, Stu .:xmas:

You never know. Treat everybody you meet well. Not only because it's the right thing to do. A few years ago, we got a letter from an attorney telling us that a long-time volunteer who had lately died had included our company among her beneficiaries, specifics to come later. How nice of her to think of us, we thought, but that's all we thought. Six months later, we got a check for the better part of a million dollars. Blew us away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

You never know. Treat everybody you meet well. Not only because it's the right thing to do. A few years ago, we got a letter from an attorney telling us that a long-time volunteer who had lately died had included our company among her beneficiaries, specifics to come later. How nice of her to think of us, we thought, but that's all we thought. Six months later, we got a check for the better part of a million dollars. Blew us away.

Cool story..

Honorable darling mention to @N.E. Brigand for the best set of quotes in a DCP signature. I just noticed those. Darling isn't really the right thing. But you know what I mean. Adam Smith is an unconventional choice (one I applaud, however). 

On 8/15/2017 at 4:05 PM, Polonius said:

good question - I would say BAC, SCV were this year's darlings -

Have to include Mandarins.  Huge jump for that corps.  

On 8/16/2017 at 5:58 AM, Tim K said:

Troopers, Academy, Mandarins: they already are darlings and most likely that will not change.

All Troop has to do is exist for darling status!  As for Academy & Mandies, yes, they are now on the official DCI darling radar.