The potential new home of the Nashville TOC show

Looks nice, but if they won't let Neyland Stadium host a show, I don't know how you'd talk them into this.

I doubt this. Vanderbilt holds more people. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Looks nice, but if they won't let Neyland Stadium host a show, I don't know how you'd talk them into this.

Neyland is the best stadium in the country...sad they can't have a show there. 

Go Vols

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

For a band event, I wouldn't think Knoxville would draw nearly the crowd that Nashville does.

Considering I was just going into high school and learning about corps when the Sevierville show ended, I'm not sure how big a crowd that drew, but I know there was a great crowd in Knoxville at the Music City open class show. But yeah I doubt they could fill half of Neyland. 

Edited by Trumpet2

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

For a band event, I wouldn't think Knoxville would draw nearly the crowd that Nashville does.

Sadly you're probably right about that.  

WJ Julian tried to establish a regional in Neyland years ago, and Doug Dickey, the athletic director, was totally on board.  DCI said no.  The parking situation on UTK campus hasn't really improved since then, and I doubt athletics would even dream of letting that many feet touch the field today.  On the other hand, Neyland already has a built-in dialed-to-11 amplification system for its 300 member marching band, so that would save corps tens of thousands of dollars in batteries alone.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Sadly you're probably right about that.  

WJ Julian tried to establish a regional in Neyland years ago, and Doug Dickey, the athletic director, was totally on board.  DCI said no.  The parking situation on UTK campus hasn't really improved since then, and I doubt athletics would even dream of letting that many feet touch the field today.  On the other hand, Neyland already has a built-in dialed-to-11 amplification system for its 300 member marching band, so that would save corps tens of thousands of dollars in batteries alone.

If it's not for UT football, no one is stepping foot on Shields-Watkins. Ever. 

Fun fact, the guy who did Neyland's sound system (as well as Bryant-Denny) also did the sound system for my sister's wedding, which was outdoors. 

On 8/15/2017 at 6:55 PM, Trumpet2 said:

I doubt this. Vanderbilt holds more people. 

Vanderbilt will be playing their football games at this new stadium, and most likely will tear down Vanderbilt Stadium.

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Vanderbilt will be playing their football games at this new stadium, and most likely will tear down Vanderbilt Stadium.

I missed that part of the article apparently ha