A Drum Corps Fan's Dream Part Tres

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

Have we heard Godzilla eats Las Vegas yet? I know there was a ghost train a few years ago... ghost train is my favorite. 

As much as I love Ghost Train, I never think it translates well on the field. Godzilla Eats Las Vegas though, that's a different story. Gotta love Eric Whitacre.

Side note about Whitacre, I got to see him conduct a live performance of Cloudburst (the wind band version) for a CD he was recording. Full concert hall though, it was packed. Before he started he asked everyone in the audience to snap their fingers throughout the tune. No rhythm, just snap as often or as little as we wanted. The end result was a very obvious, very cool sound of pouring rain. I've heard this piece performed on the field a few times, but I've always wanted that specific aspect, the audience snapping, to somehow be included.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ouooga said:

As much as I love Ghost Train, I never think it translates well on the field. Godzilla Eats Las Vegas though, that's a different story. Gotta love Eric Whitacre.

Side note about Whitacre, I got to see him conduct a live performance of Cloudburst (the wind band version) for a CD he was recording. Full concert hall though, it was packed. Before he started he asked everyone in the audience to snap their fingers throughout the tune. No rhythm, just snap as often or as little as we wanted. The end result was a very obvious, very cool sound of pouring rain. I've heard this piece performed on the field a few times, but I've always wanted that specific aspect, the audience snapping, to somehow be included.

I love the wind band version of cloudburst... really thought it would be a good fit for SCV last year.  Thought I would read it in their show announcement.

Edited by ThePlanets

On 8/16/2017 at 0:54 PM, Jason Harrison said:

I wonder what would be included in a drum corps fan's dream, part tres. Now that it's been over 20 years since the original and part dos. What songs would a corps do and who would you want to do that kind of show?

I would like to see them tackle music from the movie Zorro

They are great story tellers and the music is fiery/Spanish which is something they can certainly present 

On 8/16/2017 at 7:25 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

1974 Muchachos or 1975 Scouts. Entire show. 

Yes and yes again!

10 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Not Jason, but...in the opening, right before the brass comes in on the company front. Baritone-mello-trumpet (in order) on "As Time Goes By" (with Mr. Seawright saying "You may enter the field when ready.")

ftwdrummer, Thank you! There are enough clues in your advice that even I should be able to hear it.