Marching Roundtable 638: “Stop Seeing This As A Bugle Activity”

9 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Get back to work, Jeff.  Your boss just drove up!

no he didnt he's in your area today

:spitting:

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, StunnedMonkey said:

.  The proponents of today's changes are so ENTHUSIASTIC about it that the notion that everyone doesn't love it doesn't even seem possible, therefore such an opinion is invalid.

Not invalid, just irrelevant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Not invalid, just irrelevant. 

Hey... you just described my life!!!  LOL

• Like 1

On August 20, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Bobby L. Collins said:

...George Hopkins hasn't asked them to change it yet.  When it becomes his master-stroke of an idea...

:doh::lle::laugh::laugh::laugh: Big bad bully General George doesn't have the clout that he used to in the activity. He's become the victim of his own ideas. :laugh::laugh::laugh: 

Back in 2011/2012-ish, the Oregon Crusaders changed the wordmark on their fleet as well as all their merchandise from 'drum and bugle corps' to 'performance art'.  

Edited by luv4corps

1 hour ago, luv4corps said:

Back in 2011/2012-ish, the Oregon Crusaders changed the wordmark on their fleet as well as all their merchandise from 'drum and bugle corps' to 'performance art'.  

They still call their DCI unit a drum corps on their website.  But I totally get what you're saying here.  And I can allow some level of respect levied towards OC for dropping the pretense.

I think by and large the organizations within DCI know calling it 'drum corps' is a sham, but they otherwise don't really know what to call themselves, which is telling.

20 hours ago, luv4corps said:

I thought it was "Performance.  Art."  

Ignore the punctuation, and I can see how this can be taken the wrong way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I thought it was "Performance.  Art."  

Ignore the punctuation, and I can see how this can be taken the wrong way.

Good catch.  Separated by periods, I think you could surely add the word 'movement' or 'sport' or something that represents that the activity is that of motion.  Remember the old days when high schools had 'dance and drill' teams?  That would be appropriate as well.

Edited by luv4corps