Enough Judging Conspiracy Theories

4 minutes ago, afd said:

Don't argue with STU. He will always want the last post whether he makes any sense or not. Which he doesn't'. He he.

Not true.  You just need to be better at it than he is, that's all.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Here's my guess about judge selection for Championship Weekend. Repeat, my guess.

A couple weeks before Indy, every Corps Director receives a listing of all available judges. The weekend assignments will only come from this list. Each Corps Director is given an opportunity to object to any name on that list. The weekend panel is then made up by people with the least amount of objections. Are objections by certain Corps Directors given more relevance than objections by some other Corps Directors? I believe, yes.

I just think it's amazing that everyone is guessing at how it works.

Why is the process such a secret from the fans?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, afd said:

Don't argue with STU. He will always want the last post whether he makes any sense or not. Which he doesn't'. He he.

1 hour ago, garfield said:

If I am engaging with another poster and their responses are straight forward, direct, and precise, I tend to let them have the last post. If, however, they evade, dance, respond in vague terms, get snarky, deflect, then I will keep pressing, and pressing  and will, in those situations, try to have the last post.

42 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I just think it's amazing that everyone is guessing at how it works.

Why is the process such a secret from the fans?

I'm OK having to guess certain drum corps details. I have no absolute right to know all.  Whatever method is being used to choose the Indy panel, apparently, is OK with the decision-makers.

1 hour ago, afd said:

No, I said one only needs better skills than him to get the last post.  His tenaciousness helps him, if not his position.

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

If I am engaging with another poster and their responses are straight forward, direct, and precise, I tend to let them have the last post. If, however, they evade, dance, respond in vague terms, get snarky, deflect, then I will keep pressing, and pressing  and will, in those situations, try to have the last post.

Then I propose DCP moderators pick a DCP topic of current interest, lay down the rules, and let STU and BRASSO have a debate.  I want BRASSO in the red trunks please.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Then I propose DCP moderators pick a DCP topic of current interest, lay down the rules, and let STU and BRASSO have a debate.  I want BRASSO in the red trunks please.  

You have become a veritable Drum Corps sidelines watcher these days now, Ghost.

12 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I felt really bad for the Crown's singer on Saturday nites performance. Through no fault of her own, those 2 solos of hers became an unmitigated disaster for Carolina Crown at Saturday's Finals. The electronics went so bad, that her voice was altered in a ghastly manner, and at other times, the voice was interrupted in its delivery. Still in all, surprisingly CC had no real slippage in scores. I suppose the lesson here is that if you are a show designer and must decide between a singer singing a solo, or a brass soloist playing the solo, go with the singer. Its hard to imagine that if a brass soloist mangled the music solos and played out of tune, the Corps would not suffer as the singer's malfunctions did not on the score sheets for Crown on Saturday Nite.

OT, but the good news is that almost certainly will not be the performance on the DVD's / CD's.  Wish they'd had that option back in '89.

Mike