Enough Judging Conspiracy Theories

18 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

That was just an example, try and understand the bigger picture I am trying to paint.

the bigger picture i get is you like show A yet corps C won, and you can't put personal preference aside as to why

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the bigger picture i get is you like show A yet corps C won, and you can't put personal preference aside as to why

You put it a lot more bluntly than me

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and even in ice skating, you have subjective calls made. like, oh, every week despite text book stuff

Yes, I understand that, but I feel nobody is trying to see the larger point I am trying to make and are just nit picking around the edges.

Now I know this is hard for DCP but attempt to take what I am about to say outside of any context I might have made at any other point in this thread and let this statement stand alone and assess the premise.

I am trying to illustrate the differences that open DCI judging up to more questions than the other subjective sports that its being compared to. That main difference is the lack of objectively defined compulsory items a corps would have to do. That lack of compulsory items leads to more weight being put on the pure subjective opinion of the judges. Yes there is terminology that attempts to create some sort standard, but when there are multiple correct approaches (i.e. Crown vs BD brass) there is no consensus in which standard should be held.

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I think it counts for something. So if you meant something else, could you please explain to me why you felt Crown should've been the winner that year (2009)? I ask this not to say "I don't agree," I just want to know whether the reasoning is anything beyond "this show moved me more than BD's" 

The point I was trying to make on that is my feelings on that show are more emotional than rational, yet you seem to fixate on that comment, even though I admitted my own frailty, and dismiss whatever rational comments I made when it came to other years, and therefore attempting to dismiss my entire premise.

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Did you read my assessment of other years?

12 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

The point I was trying to make on that is my feelings on that show are more emotional than rational, yet you seem to fixate on that comment, even though I admitted my own frailty, and dismiss whatever rational comments I made when it came to other years, and therefore attempting to dismiss my entire premise.

You could've just left that assessment out altogether and just admitted that the right corps won that year by the sheets. 

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You could've just left that assessment out altogether and just admitted that the right corps won that year by the sheets. 

Well maybe I am just too honest.

51 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You put it a lot more bluntly than me

i'm good like that

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Did you read my assessment of other years?

We read your post that stated you could not set your personal preference of D.M.B. aside to place the H.C.J. Big Band or the C.S.O. ahead of D.M.B. if they happened to be in a contest going head to head; We read your posts that you do not feel qualified to adjudicate, again partly because you cannot place personal bias aside as much as humanly possible; We read your posts where you think corps got robbed; if you mean reading those in context with all other postings, then yep, we also read your other assessments of other years.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1