Hitting Hard 2018

With every season that comes and goes, and every championship that passes, I believe we all hear or think, "so and so will come back bigger and better next year". But who do YOU actually believe will come back hitting harder next year? Will the Bluecoats try and climb their way back into the medals after falling to 5th coming off a championship year? Will The Cadets try and claw their way back into the top 6 after finishing in 7th. With Anniversary years coming up for the Cavaliers and the Madison Scouts, will either come out swinging with anniversary shows that propel them back into their glory days. Maybe even Phantom regiment will try and jump a few places. No matter what corps and what place, who do you believe will make a big leap next year and come out stronger than this year?

24 minutes ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

who do you believe will make a big leap next year and come out stronger than this year?

Boston.

• Like 2

I'll start.  Boston Crusaders.

If ever there was a corps running on high octane momentum and public support. It's Baaston. Motivated and talented staff, strong balance sheet.

All depends if they work in a hard-driving Conquest!

Edited by Fred Windish

Every group will try to be better, but in my opinion:

1) Cavaliers are moving in a positive direction, and should stay around 4th, or possibly move up.

2) Next season is a critical season for the Cadets, and if they don;t move up, then I worry that they may see the same hard times that the Scouts fell upon for a while

3) I keep being a homer, but I continue to truly believe Crossmen are due for a jump in the rankings.  A great young staff, and an executive director that is extremely supportive.

4) And with Boston having so few age outs in brass and percussion, they should be poised to stay in the top 6

2 hours ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

.... Will the Bluecoats try and climb their way back into the medals after falling to 5th coming off a championship year?

....Will The Cadets try and claw their way back into the top 6 after finishing in 7th.

....Maybe even Phantom regiment will try and jump a few places.

Confident yes on all three of these. 

13 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Confident yes on all three of these. 

I'm confident every corps will try to move ahead positions and finish as high as possible. :laugh:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

I'm confident every corps will try to move ahead positions and finish as high as possible. :laugh:

That's a stretch...I'm sure there's one or two corps out there with a mission statement to be mediocre and finish a place or two lower if at all possible.  :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All the corps that fit this description to me are Blue: Bluecoats, Blue Knights, and Blue Stars. BK and the Blue Stars are one home run of a design away from soaring up the standings, while the Bluecoats just need a more achievable design.

• Like 1