Hitting Hard 2018

On 8/23/2017 at 8:49 AM, OhioBoy_99 said:

With every season that comes and goes, and every championship that passes, I believe we all hear or think, "so and so will come back bigger and better next year". But who do YOU actually believe will come back hitting harder next year? Will the Bluecoats try and climb their way back into the medals after falling to 5th coming off a championship year? Will The Cadets try and claw their way back into the top 6 after finishing in 7th. With Anniversary years coming up for the Cavaliers and the Madison Scouts, will either come out swinging with anniversary shows that propel them back into their glory days. Maybe even Phantom regiment will try and jump a few places. No matter what corps and what place, who do you believe will make a big leap next year and come out stronger than this year?

I think EVERY corps will end up in the top 3 next year.

• Like 2

If anyone in the 10-12 area stumbles next year, Mandarins will take full advantage.

BK (6-7), Boston (4-5), Bluecoats (2-3) are my picks to hit 2018 hard. I think Blue Stars could as well, but it'll be hard for them to gain more than 1 spot just cause it's so tight.

• Like 1

Where Boston Crusaders did so well this year, and people will be expecting improvement next year and they will not want to disappoint, I expect them to come out hitting hard. 

I expect to see Cavies pushing harder next year.

Academy will want to return to finals, Mandarins came so close I expect them to rev things up next year.

Spirit may also come out hitting hard. I saw a lot of future potential this year.

• Like 1

Cavaliers have to put a more musical show on the field. They will not be able to medal unless they win one of the big musical sheets.

• Like 1

Hopefully, EVERY corps will be hitting it hard next year, but two that I'd like to see build some muscle and move up the food chain are Pac Crest & OR Crusaders.  These are two corps that saw both the Academy and Mandarins placing around them for several years in a row and then bam, got left in their dust.  PC and OC are hungry getting hungrier.  IMO either one of these corps is a smartly-designed show away from 15th or better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Hopefully, EVERY corps will be hitting it hard next year, but two that I'd like to see build some muscle and move up the food chain are Pac Crest & OR Crusaders.  These are two corps that saw both the Academy and Mandarins placing around them for several years in a row and then bam, got left in their dust.  PC and OC are hungry getting hungrier.  IMO either one of these corps is a smartly-designed show away from 15th or better.

My heart really, really wants to see Madison grow into their own and again be an established destination corps. I don't know how they do it. I am glad for what they accomplished in 2017 but my hope is they do something that is more classic that is still fun and edgy. Please no more crazy uniform concepts.

Academy will be solidly into finals next year. 

I really feel now as if the corps that could be in real trouble is Cadets. The activity is just getting so deep and diverse. This is not the time to be stuck in a struggling conceptual hole.

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

My heart really, really wants to see Madison grow into their own and again be an established destination corps. I don't know how they do it. I am glad for what they accomplished in 2017 but my hope is they do something that is more classic that is still fun and edgy. Please no more crazy uniform concepts.

Academy will be solidly into finals next year. 

I really feel now as if the corps that could be in real trouble is Cadets. The activity is just getting so deep and diverse. This is not the time to be stuck in a struggling conceptual hole.

I have no worries about Cadets holding their own. You and a few other posters have seemed to make it your hobby and wish list to keep posting that the sky is falling over Maroonville.  Are you also on BAC's payroll?

Just now, xandandl said:

I have no worries about Cadets holding their own. You and a few other posters have seemed to make it your hobby and wish list to keep posting that the sky is falling over Maroonville.  Are you also on BAC's payroll?

Come on man, is that really necessary? I don't judge and I don't march. I watch. And anyone watching can see the handwriting on the wall. If you agree, or disagree, fine, but why take personal shots at people who disagree with you?

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Come on man, is that really necessary? I don't judge and I don't march. I watch. And anyone watching can see the handwriting on the wall. If you agree, or disagree, fine, but why take personal shots at people who disagree with you?

You say it so often it becomes your leit motif.

I've seen the corps at worse times in history and have seen it rebound again and again. Most of the struggles you the outsider don't even know.

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

And they are already restricted with the Bernstein - not that I don't love me some Bernstein - but you know...  

I am a loyal Cadets fan and will stick with them through and through, no matter what they put on the field.  They are the Cadets!!!

And I agree, Madison has yet to 'find their lane' in the new drum corps.  But they fought hard this year.

• Like 1