Hitting Hard 2018

Just now, luv4corps said:

And they are already restricted with the Bernstein - not that I don't love me some Bernstein - but you know...  

I am a loyal Cadets fan and will stick with them through and through, no matter what they put on the field.  They are the Cadets!!!

Only if one wants every corps to mimic Bloo does Bernstein become a restriction. And proposed changes from the next Rules Congress in January may restrict A&E to give emphasis back to the performers rather than the designers and sound board adult.

No where has it been publicly said that Cadets have to do a Bernstein show; it is presumed because they have permission. It is presumed because as of now they are going to do concerts with the New York Philharmonic in Central Park in June. But few of these aspects are irretrievably written in stone. Let the season develop before announcing the patient is dead.

Cadets in the early 90's did various songs from Bernstein which generated lots of audience and young folk appeal. Why be the nay sayer? They could do a few whole shows of Bernstein music yet to hit a marching field. Be surprised.

• Like 2

I would love it if Cadets came out doing Waterfront, black and white uniforms half and half like Angels and Demons, and smoked the entire activity. I truly would. But after the last three years, I just can't let myself predict it. I have zero faith in their leadership. And I am not alone by any stretch.

Yeah I loved Boston's show. You know who else did? Everyone else, including the judges! You know who could have done that show and maybe medaled? Cadets. 

The activity is more diverse and more stacked than it has ever been. This isn't five years ago. For any corps to rise another has to fall, and I'm not betting against what I believe are the top seven corps in dci right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Yeah I loved Boston's show. You know who else did? Everyone else, including the judges! You know who could have done that show and maybe medaled? Cadets.  

I bet GH would have had a scream during the ending that I was so hoping Boston would have done.

20 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Only if one wants every corps to mimic Bloo does Bernstein become a restriction. And proposed changes from the next Rules Congress in January may restrict A&E to give emphasis back to the performers rather than the designers and sound board adult.

No where has it been publicly said that Cadets have to do a Bernstein show; it is presumed because they have permission. It is presumed because as of now they are going to do concerts with the New York Philharmonic in Central Park in June. But few of these aspects are irretrievably written in stone. Let the season develop before announcing the patient is dead.

Cadets in the early 90's did various songs from Bernstein which generated lots of audience and young folk appeal. Why be the nay sayer? They could do a few whole shows of Bernstein music yet to hit a marching field. Be surprised.

I'm not a nay-sayer at all!  I was commenting in response to someone else's comment when I mentioned the Bernstein.  I have every confidence in the Cadets, Bernstein or no.  Their show this year knocked my socks off.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I would love it if Cadets came out doing Waterfront, black and white uniforms half and half like Angels and Demons, and smoked the entire activity. I truly would. But after the last three years, I just can't let myself predict it. I have zero faith in their leadership. And I am not alone by any stretch.

The activity is more diverse and more stacked than it has ever been. This isn't five years ago. For any corps to rise another has to fall, and I'm not betting against what I believe are the top seven corps in dci right now.

By finals I started to like their show.  As much as I made fun of it.  It was actually interesting in the end.  I wouldn't mind if they did a full WSS or OTWF.  I don't see singing going away as much as I hate it. Just be prepared to get knocked if you suck.

25 minutes ago, xandandl said:

If Cadets have permission to use Leonard Bernstein's music for next year and donot take advantage of using it during the centennial celebration of his birth, it would be a missed opportunity.

• Like 2

Just now, Tim K said:

If Cadets have permission to use Leonard Bernstein's music for next year and donot take advantage of using it during the centennial celebration of his birth, it would be a missed opportunity.

Agreed. But you and I are not of the young generation of posters saying otherwise.

17 minutes ago, xandandl said:

don't tease us. Tell us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVfuhr2FldA

Someone told me it would have been too morbid to have a scream from a speaker by the burning prop.  And burning, stabbings, and hangings isn't morbid?  I was hoping they would have completed the scene.  The fading of the singers voice was nice and I believe the fading of a scream would have been a perfect ending.