Hitting Hard 2018

I'll guess Cadets and Boston.  These past two years for the Cadets has got to be a major B slap to the decision makers.  Granted, 2017 was the first year with this corps for some, but they have history with other corps.  As for Boston, they may not have had a lot of age outs, but if some more talented mm audition, they have some big decisions to make.  Even if they only fill the empty spots, the staff will have the strong talent to add to their difficulty with next years show.  I don't envision a sophomore jinx for them.  If I recall correctly, after Boston's 5th place show in 2000, some felt the staff may have given them too tough of a show for 01 and they dropped to 9th.

Edited by Ghost

13 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

I'll start.  Boston Crusaders.

If ever there was a corps running on high octane momentum and public support. It's Baaston. Motivated and talented staff, strong balance sheet.

All depends if they work in a hard-driving Conquest!

And, perhaps most importantly, I suspect they will return virtually every experienced marching member.

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I predict Blue Devils move in a new design direction next year (after an anniversary show looking to the future that dates about a decade after they changed design direction in 2008) and take the judges by storm with a finals win by 1+ points. 

I would love it if Blue Devils attempted to interpret the history of specific musical genres. Beginning with jazz. And I mean jazz jazz, swing, etc.

• Like 2

Boston

Bluecoats

Blue Knights (one year I will be right!)

SCV has too many age outs to pick as a medalist again. 

Ive pretty much hated the last two Cavaliers shows, but they will likely have good luck retaining many of their members. 

I also think Crown will come back with their best show concept since their gold medal show.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Boston

Bluecoats

Blue Knights (one year I will be right!)

SCV has too many age outs to pick as a medalist again. 

Ive pretty much hated the last two Cavaliers shows, but they will likely have good luck retaining many of their members. 

I also think Crown will come back with their best show concept since their gold medal show.

Couldn't agree more!

• Like 1