How About Some Common Ground?

Can we all agree on this at the very least?  Can we all agree that when a corps' electronics and amplifcation malfunctions in the middle of a performance, that the G.E. scores SHOULD acknowledge and reflect that?  Can we all agree that if A&E is going to be allowed, that it needs to be proportionately weighted into the scoring system?

Can we at last agree on SOMETHING?  Or is this community bound and determined to be contrary for the sake of contrariness, despite all pretenses of rational thought and reason?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I emphatically maintain that A&E should be banned entirely from the activity.  But if it's not going away and, more importantly, if it's going to continue to escalate, and to monopolize performances in the manner it does today, should it not be adjudicated and weighted into the scoring system accordingly?

Edited by Bobby L. Collins
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Can we all agree on this at the very least?  Can we all agree that when a corps' electronics and amplifcation malfunctions in the middle of a performance, that the G.E. scores SHOULD acknowledge and reflect that?  Can we all agree that if A&E is going to be allowed, that it needs to be proportionately weighted into the scoring system?

Can we at last agree on SOMETHING?  Or is this community bound and determined to be contrary for the sake of contrariness, despite all pretenses of rational thought and reason?

What if the power supply at the stadium shorts out?

DCI is now requiring electrical outlets on all four sides of the football field.  What if that request overloads the system at a smaller TEP show?

What if ALL of the corps' A&E is fried for the evening?

When then with scoring?

1 minute ago, garfield said:

What if the power supply at the stadium shorts out?

DCI is now requiring electrical outlets on all four sides of the football field.  What if that request overloads the system at a smaller TEP show?

What if ALL of the corps' A&E is fried for the evening?

When then with scoring?

12 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

mmmmm hmmmmm

51 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Should show in GE and performance (and should've shown enough to drop Crown to 4th on finals night).

100%. It is by no means the fault of the performers, but designers are taking an inherent risk when incorporating A&E into their shows. They can either reap the benefits or accept the penalties. Can't have it just one way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

100%. It is by no means the fault of the performers, but designers are taking an inherent risk when incorporating A&E into their shows. They can either reap the benefits or accept the penalties. Can't have it just one way. 

Unless you write the rubric under which the rules are written to judge...

Just now, garfield said:

Unless you write the rubric under which the rules are written to judge...

I think most people already know that. This thread is talking about what should be happening, not what is actually happening. 

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think most people already know that. This thread is talking about what should be happening, not what is actually happening. 

OK.

What should be happening is that all A&E should be unplugged.

But, if I were a director introducing this new technology, I'd want a LOOONNGG time to get it figured out during which I'd not be penalized if it doesn't work just right.

Exactly how long that takes is as subjective as the sheets themselves, but obviously longer than they've had so far.

• Like 2