How About Some Common Ground?

3 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

I'm not convinced that they should be called drum corps, believe band corps would be more appropriate. 

I think this is where we are finding increasingly that there is " common ground ", imo. ( the focus of this thread, that for the moment seems to have lost its focus ). Both the newer fans/ marchers of the activity as well as the older legacy fans/ alums of the activity agree that this is no longer " Drum & Bugle Corps ", and its competitions are no longer ajudicating the profiency levels of the playing of the  " the Bugles ". . Why a few still cling to this inaccurate nomenclature then of a " Drum & Bugle Corps ", while so readily accepting everything that has made the activity anything but " Drum & Bugle Corps " is a bit peculiar to me. That said, there IS increasing ' common ground " here among the newer folks and the legacy folks that its no longer " Drum & Bugle Corps " and so as things move forward in the coming years, the reluctant will eventually come around to what is increasingly the more " common ground " of thinking on this, imo. I think "  Music & Dance Precision Troupes " could fit the bill as reflective of what the new and improved nomenclature could/ should become, imo.... as well as far more accurate of what they now have become.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Look up Matt. 6: 3.

I have been in email contact conversation with the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston since Friday. God bless you.

You seem like a most angry man whenever you post. There are doctors who can help with that. 

I made a donation to the Red Cross today.  Text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation.  If you can give more, go to their website and choose an amount to donate. 

3 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

As I suspected.

You dishonor the spirit of the activity, and the memories of those who built everything you have helped destroy.  And it sickens me that you are complicit in the suppression of criticism of said dishonor by abusing your moderation powers in order to make this an echo chamber for the George Hopkins fan club.

I for one look forward to serving our amplified and electrified marching overlords 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Look up Matt. 6: 3

While the left hand diddling
While the right hand goes to work
I said the left hand diddling now
While the right hand go to work

- DEVO interp of that verse!!

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

He's spending his time on here tilting at windmills, my young friend. 

great now the Impossible Dream is in my head

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

As I suspected.

You dishonor the spirit of the activity, and the memories of those who built everything you have helped destroy.  And it sickens me that you are complicit in the suppression of criticism of said dishonor by abusing your moderation powers in order to make this an echo chamber for the George Hopkins fan club.

he's been around it longer than you and done a lot more in it to boot.

• Like 3