How About Some Common Ground?

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

he blocked me last week. Funny how he calls out people for trolling yet it's all he does

He blocks anyone who calls him out on his BS. I must've been blocked on day one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I'd like to raise a different issue with A&E.

Is there any time limit for a corps to straighten out problems with their A&E equipment when they set up?

Several corps had issues getting their A&E equipment to work.At one show it was over 5 minutes they were waiting,after the corps was set.

Just wondered if there is a penalty if they don't get the equipment working in  "x' amount of time or if the judges can say "start",electronics or not ?

there's a free pass window...i think it's 10 minutes before penalties roll. I think this came about because of the issue RCC had a few years ago at WGI when they took forever to try and get it working.

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

He blocks anyone who calls him out on his BS. I must've been blocked on day one. 

How can you tell if you've been blocked?

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

it's fun to throw stuff at him anyway. i'm sure he reads without being logged in 

• Like 1

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

How can you tell if you've been blocked?

he told me he was blocking me LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If a corps' electronics fail before they start and it delays them from starting on time, they will get a penalty.   Example:  Crossmen a few years ago and it almost kept them out of finals.

But, if a corps' electronics fail in the middle of the show, there is no demerit of any kind?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

If a corps' electronics fail before they start and it delays them from starting on time, they will get a penalty.   Example:  Crossmen a few years ago and it almost kept them out of finals.

But, if a corps' electronics fail in the middle of the show, there is no demerit of any kind?

Quite odd, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Can we all agree on this at the very least?  Can we all agree that when a corps' electronics and amplifcation malfunctions in the middle of a performance, that the G.E. scores SHOULD acknowledge and reflect that?  Can we all agree that if A&E is going to be allowed, that it needs to be proportionately weighted into the scoring system?

Can we at last agree on SOMETHING?  Or is this community bound and determined to be contrary for the sake of contrariness, despite all pretenses of rational thought and reason?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I emphatically maintain that A&E should be banned entirely from the activity.  But if it's not going away and, more importantly, if it's going to continue to escalate, and to monopolize performances in the manner it does today, should it not be adjudicated and weighted into the scoring system accordingly?

No argument from me on that. I don't mind some amping, some electronics, some mic'd solos, etc. But taste, quality, balance, and musicality must always be the priority. Having said that, I don't think you will get much argument over the fact that there has been some egregious and overpowering use of amps and electronics in drum corps.  It's ruined many a good show. Thunderous gooo alone has destroyed what could have been fantastic shows.  Sadly, these things are not showing on the sheets, and that is why we continue to see some problems. Start penalizing these corps over poor balances, malfunctions, overall poor quality and sound and you will see things change really fast. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

A timing penalty is a different thing from a lower score in GE. If you start late - beyond the "oh ####" period now allowed for groups to fix their electronics - you certainly should get the timing penalty that the rules specify.