2017 DCA Prelims Discussion

They had a big flag at the end that covered most of the corps and they managed to control in in spite of the heavy winds. I really liked that show. Only hitch was when the horns came in front of the pit seemed like an ending then it took about another minute to regain momentum.

Sun sounded great.  Good variety of formations.  Always love Caravan.  Paul B with a few solo spots!  His classic rip it off your face move on release LOL!

(a comment I'll come back to.  The use of move-park-blow.  Have discussed with fellow corps folks many times.   Sun using it.  As I recall at Reading, in use a lot for C2 and Sabers.  Fusion and Bucs more run and gun <lol, just made that up.  Or fast break ball as someone else maybe BigW? said> )

http://www.flomarching.com/article/61122-what-you-ll-hear-dca-championships#.WasWrD6GOM8

above is handy link for the repertoire, nice fonts.  

(also on DCX, formerly corpsreps    http://www.dcxmuseum.org   wow, interesting rework as virtual museum!)

Edited by trptmagnet
corpsreps now DCX

Just now, RetiredMusTeach said:

Sorry to show my ignorance but can someone tell me what the difference is in all-ages corps between open class and world class?  Is it the size of the corps?  Thanks.

That's it.  

5 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Because I have a full year FloMarching subscription, I am getting to watch my very first DCA competition, just now starting with the Sunrisers.  I didn’t know what to expect but from what I’ve seen and HEARD already (LOVE CARAVAN) I am so happy and expectant.  Love the maturity of sound from the horn line and those velvety tubas.  The pieces they are playing represent my first memories of hearing drum corps from the 70’s and I’m so touched.  Great use of dynamics all the way from pianissimo to fortissimo.  Just very musical arranging and playing.

This is my first experience with DCA too.  I'm impressed by the sound, and some of the guard work.

• Like 1