2017 DCA Prelims Discussion

3 minutes ago, Cainan said:

That would be way too cool! We'd love to show them the way at DCUK and Kerkrade!

Give and take right?  I'm sure the fans over there would be highly supportive and would love to see what our groups have to offer.

11 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It'd be a big commitment for a DCA I would think. Aren't most of them weekenders?  C2 could wing it with support from YEA. A DCI open corps taking leave to spend their season on a DCE tour would be the opportunity of a lifetime for those kids though. Although I don't think the seasons line up.

European Drum Corps Championships are 28th Sept 2017 much later then DCA .there also held in Holland in a beautiful soccer stadium .

Just now, ErieSopMike said:

Give and take right?  I'm sure the fans over there would be highly supportive and would love to see what our groups have to offer.

European crowds are very much in favor of having their faces torn off. They would be EXTREMELY supportive, as would the other corps.

• Like 1

Just now, Florida Sun said:

European Drum Corps Championships are 28th Sept 2017 much later then DCA .there also held in Holland in a beautiful soccer stadium .

It'd definitely be a challenge to get this done.  Kids in college and stuff, but I remain hopeful that someday a DCA corps will make their way over.

21 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

It'd definitely be a challenge to get this done.  Kids in college and stuff, but I remain hopeful that someday a DCA corps will make their way over.

I also don;t think there buy laws would permit an American corps to compete in there championships .7 countrys competing this year in Holland ,Germany,UK,France ,Itlay .Ireland .Spain.And Holland .

Edited by Florida Sun
correct

Just now, Florida Sun said:

I also don;t think there buy laws would permit an American corps to complete in there championships .7 countrys completing this year in Holland ,Germany,UK,France ,Itlay .Ireland .Spain.And Holland .

A judged exhibition could always be thrown in.  Give them a score, but it wouldn't "count" per se.

Love seein' the Colors on the field!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ErieSopMike said:

A judged exhibition could always be thrown in.  Give them a score, but it wouldn't "count" per se.

There have been American corps tour Europe ,Blue Devils and Madison