2017 DCA Prelims Discussion

C2 == Cadets2 =~ Garfield

sorta.  :)

What does the yellow cummerbund mean? Anyone know?

11 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Hmm... title announced was not what was on Flo's "what you'll hear" reps. Did C2 change gears mid season?

The "Once Upon a Lifetime" theme apparently has been the theme all season.

I found that out at the second show I saw them.  LOL.

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

The "Once Upon a Lifetime" theme apparently has been the theme all season.

I found that out at the second show I saw them.  LOL.

Hah. Ok then. My first read of everyone other than MB who was in one of the streamed DCI shows. 

27 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

Yeah.  The Jr. Corps are a little easier to do that with since those are mostly college kids and they don't have school during the summer months.  The Sr. circuit is harder, as mentioned, due to the weekenders and having to take vacation at work and such.

I hear ya... Empire Statesmen are the only DCA corps I'm aware of that has toured overseas to any extent, and also the Caballeros way back in the day (pre-DCA) when they went to Cuba. 

Wind still looks strong. Has the color pre flags straight out. 

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Because I have a full year FloMarching subscription, I am getting to watch my very first DCA competition, just now starting with the Sunrisers.  I didn’t know what to expect but from what I’ve seen and HEARD already (LOVE CARAVAN) I am so happy and expectant.  Love the maturity of sound from the horn line and those velvety tubas.  The pieces they are playing represent my first memories of hearing drum corps from the 70’s and I’m so touched.  Great use of dynamics all the way from pianissimo to fortissimo.  Just very musical arranging and playing.

That's my old team... marched there six seasons.  Thanks for the nice comments about them!!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I hear ya... Empire Statesmen are the only DCA corps I'm aware of that has toured overseas to any extent, and also the Caballeros way back in the day (pre-DCA) when they went to Cuba. 

The Boys Of '76, Racine, Wisconsin, a former DCA Corps, competed at the American Legion Nationals Drum & Bugle Corps Championships in 1927 that was held in ( believe it or not ) Paris, France. The Boys of '76 finished 5th, among several US corps that made the trip overseas that season. Imagine the air travel from Wisconsin to France.... in 1927.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2