2017 DCA Prelims Discussion

5 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

Correct.

It's mostly a Northeast USA activity.  There are several from outside though, and there have been many throughout the years.

To add: The topic of corps from outside the Northeast and the corresponding topic of relocating DCA Championships is quite interesting.  There are threads here on DCP.

Just type in few and far in between fat chance and something freezing over and you should find everything u need on the subject . FACT! 

9 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I hear that.... that is quite a trip!!!  I wonder if Lindbergh was the pilot.  LOL.

Or Amelia Earhart ? I'd have needed a huge and very full personal cooler beside me all the way to traveL back and forth from Wisco to Paris by airflight in the 1920'S.... lol... heck, even taking an ocean liner across the Atlantic in the 1920's I'd want an Open Bar the entire journey... .....and I barely drink !... lol

Edited by BRASSO

7 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Is the color pre a requirement of DCA or just a continued custom?

No longer a requirement..... corps can have an honor guard or not have one, their choice.   IMO, it's nice to see so many of them still using one.

As far as a required color presentation within the show..... that went away many years ago in DCA.

Scores give us some scores

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

You know, thats a good question. I don't know...., but now that I think about it, they could have gone by ocean liner, and more than likely did. Thats a LONG trip to Championships and back.

Lindbergh flying the Atlantic -NY to Paris- nonstop is one of the greatest accomplishments of the last 500  years and ranks with Neil Armstrong landing on the moon and Columbus finding the "New World".  May 1927.  It never ceases to amaze me the lack of knowledge people have about our history.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bucbari said:

Lindbergh flying the Atlantic -NY to Paris- nonstop is one of the greatest accomplishments of the last 500  years and ranks with Neil Armstrong landing on the moon and Columbus finding the "New World". 

All that, plus the Mets winning the 1969 World Series.  :tongue:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

No longer a requirement..... corps can have an honor guard or not have one, their choice.   IMO, it's nice to see so many of them still using one.

As far as a required color presentation within the show..... that went away many years ago in DCA.

Just so many doing color pre as they entered I thought maybe it was a requirement in some fashion. It is nice to see,   I still think I'd Cadets had gone with a hyper traditional color pre to close 2014 instead of the tarp o rama, the Bluecoats would have never passed them. 

Just now, shofmon88 said:

That show was HOT!

Yes! And distinct. I was trying to think of any DCI corps that would fit that show and all I could come up with was old school Madison for the Latin flavor but they'd have to get wornen on the guard at least to capture that flamenco look right. 

• Like 1