2017 DCA Prelims Discussion

Before I forget... 

Congratulations to all the corps this year who battled through a lot of "behind the scenes" hardships.  We all know about Sky and what happened with them, but there were some other corps that were able to weather the storm and get to Championships.  

To the few that weren't able to make it, we look forward to seeing you in Williamsport next year!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Just so many doing color pre as they entered I thought maybe it was a requirement in some fashion. It is nice to see,   I still think I'd Cadets had gone with a hyper traditional color pre to close 2014 instead of the tarp o rama, the Bluecoats would have never passed them. 

I hear ya... I also would have loved to have seen that.

Just now, ErieSopMike said:

Before I forget... 

Congratulations to all the corps this year who battled through a lot of "behind the scenes" hardships.  We all know about Sky and what happened with them, but there were some other corps that were able to weather the storm and get to Championships.  

To the few that weren't able to make it, we look forward to seeing you in Williamsport next year!

Well said, Mike.  So tough to keep a corps going these days. Hats off to those who do.

I loved the Caballeros show, but the vocalization seemed out of place. I recognize the song, and I know the words, but the singing was more of a distraction, in this case.

• Like 1

Just now, drsedlak said:

The winding path is still on the field!

Heh.  This is why the 'no tarps on grass' thing is in DCI I guess

5 minutes ago, Bucbari said:

Lindbergh flying the Atlantic -NY to Paris- nonstop is one of the greatest accomplishments of the last 500  years and ranks with Neil Armstrong landing on the moon and Columbus finding the "New World".  May 1927.  It never ceases to amaze me the lack of knowledge people have about our history.

Jan 3, 1920.. the Day that will live in Infamy forever for true blue Red Sox fans that know their history. Such a bad day, the mere mention of what occurred makes grown men weep. and women wail... lol!!