DCA's; Staff/Instructor Noise That Interferes with Show

Hi Folks,

This is directed in hopes that someone from the DCA staff running the DCA Prelims and Finals this weekend can be aware of this.  If you can help out getting this over to them (Whether you are going to be in Rochester NY this weekend or not) I (and many fans) will truly appreciate it.  On to the concern....

The stadium is on smallish side and the area where staff/instructors and other corps supporters get to stand during their corps performance is right on top on the lower tier seating area. A good number (majority) of staff and instructors scream out and yell and clap for 'Their' corps to the point that it completely interferes with the fans ability to enjoy the show. This problem has been getting worse not better. Last year it was so bad that a verbal fight broke out between staff and fans and if not for a wall, it might have gotten physical. DCA Staff...this is a big issue...trust me.

To the corps staff and instructors who can't seem to be respectful:

STOP IT!!  

You are embarrassing yourself, your corps and most importantly you are impacting the ability for fans to enjoy your corps show.  It's amazing how some corps staff and instructors can stand in the same spot and you barely even know they are there. Tells you something...tells you quite a bit.  I will be posting which corps staffs where out of control (hopefully none) here in hopes it will stop...

STOP IT!!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, BigW said:

Good Luck with that. I think you need to do a mental rewind and remember when YOU were out on the field and appreciated reactions from YOUR staff during YOUR performances and re-consider.

When I marched, I wasn't paying attention to our staff during a performance. There is no excuse for staff disrupting performances for the paying fans...period.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BigW said:

Good Luck with that. I think you need to do a mental rewind and remember when YOU were out on the field and appreciated reactions from YOUR staff during YOUR performances and re-consider.

Been a fan that had to bear that from Staffs its the worse thing one has to put up with,when asked to hold it down they got louder,Most people that paid good money did not clap for those corps ,So if your corps staff can't control them selfs be aware your lossing fans .If staffs can't control themsleves maybe DCA has to move them to watching from the back side of the field .

• Like 1

Guard staff tend to be the worst. For some staff, it seems like every single catch deserves excessive praise.

Of course, what that implies to the audience is that the guard usually drops.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, scottmkeen said:

Staff member here. This was addressed at today's "50 yard line" meeting. Staff is going to be in a different area, and we have been advised that the new area will not interfere as in years past. 

Thanks for this information… It is great to hear they are addressing the issue.  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

Been a fan that had to bear that from Staffs its the worse thing one has to put up with,when asked to hold it down they got louder,Most people that paid good money did not clap for those corps ,So if your corps staff can't control them selfs be aware your lossing fans .If staffs can't control themsleves maybe DCA has to move them to watching from the back side of the field .

Odd I sat right in front of that spot from 06-11 and never had an issue

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

:blink: