DCA's; Staff/Instructor Noise That Interferes with Show

On 9/10/2017 at 10:37 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Thank you.  We bought a ticket to be a cheerleader.  And everyone knows I do.  

I really don't care about staff reaction to shows.  I respond to the performance on the field.  

The only thing is, what do you do/think if the staffs reactions to their show interferes with "your"ability to enjoy the show? That is issue/concern.  A lot of staffs are fine but others are not and that's why it's important to point it out and address it. Nobody wants or expects the staff to sit there with their hands folded politely. It is the excessive clapping and constant cheering that is a problem. If some staffs can be respectful of the people (fans) around them then why can't all staffs do that ? 

Almost as fun as the fans screaming at random times during the show or loudly complaining about the state of drum corps...in the stands....at a drum corps show....during a performance...in a seat....that they paid for. Apparently so they complain. These people need to be removed via catapult. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

The only thing is, what do you do/think if the staffs reactions to their show interferes with "your"ability to enjoy the show? That is issue/concern.  A lot of staffs are fine but others are not and that's why it's important to point it out and address it. Nobody wants or expects the staff to sit there with their hands folded politely. It is the excessive clapping and constant cheering that is a problem. If some staffs can be respectful of the people (fans) around them then why can't all staffs do that ? 

They don't affect me one way or the other.   The only thing that bothers me, and it doesn't happen anymore, was when they allowed a cast of thousands in front of us at DCI.  They have stopped that now.   

2 hours ago, Pvt said:

Almost as fun as the fans screaming at random times during the show or loudly complaining about the state of drum corps...in the stands....at a drum corps show....during a performance...in a seat....that they paid for. Apparently so they complain. These people need to be removed via catapult. 

Only the seat squatters need the catapult.  I guess I'm lucky.  My only gripe is the poachers.  That is a DCI problem however, not DCA.   I come from the era where lots of people talked, left and returned to seats, and smoked cigarettes.  Very little bothers me outside of seat squatters and the cast of thousands milling about. 

5 hours ago, Pvt said:

i have never understood that.

A DCI show I worked in MD for a few years... an old-schooler I knew came to the show every year, and every year he would come up to me when it was done and complain about what he just saw.   LOL.  I finally asked him, why did he bother spending his time and money.  It wasn't like the clock was magically going to roll back to 1970 or something.  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

i have never understood that.

A DCI show I worked in MD for a few years... an old-schooler I knew came to the show every year, and every year he would come up to me when it was done and complain about what he just saw.   LOL.  I finally asked him, why did he bother spending his time and money.  It wasn't like the clock was magically going to roll back to 1970 or something.  :tongue:

I brought Andy to DCA in 2002 when I was in the Royal-Airs reunion corps.  We played a concert Friday night and he said he heard an old timer say that he hates junior corps, senior corps, and alumni corps.  He couldn't figure out why the guy was there. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I brought Andy to DCA in 2002 when I was in the Royal-Airs reunion corps.  We played a concert Friday night and he said he heard an old timer say that he hates junior corps, senior corps, and alumni corps.  He couldn't figure out why the guy was there. :laughing:

beer

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

What will they do in Williamsport?  :laughing:

Downtown brewpub, then Uber to the stadium?   LOL

• Like 3