DCA's; Staff/Instructor Noise That Interferes with Show

On 9/16/2017 at 3:45 AM, BigW said:

:devil:

*rubs my hands together*

Let's set the stage. Before every team goes on, the announcer reads Airgrams for every specific team, someone has paid a few bucks for the privilege. It's a clean easy fundraiser. It's also a horrid plague and infestation that's been around since at least the late 80's/early 90's in some Band and indoor contests.

Imagine as each Team enters the field Fran announcing things like these, and I have heard hundreds of these things, Jeff can prolly confirm my accuracy:

"Angie, play that clarinet! Love, Aunt Mabel and your Mom."

"Ted, we'll still love you even if you screw up your solo. Your parents and sister."

"Flutes do it BEST! From Moms Mabley. and Granpa Derf."

"Jeff Ream, BEAT THAT BASS DRUM! HARD! REAL REAL HARD!!!!! Love and kisses from your sekrit admirer!"

"Connie, DON"T SCREW UP! Your little brother."

"Katie, Marry me you sexy sax player, your secret admirer."

I can go on. At one contest in the early 90's, the chief judge began to fire his starter's pistol at the press box in a desperate effort to get the announcer to stop because they'd gone on for three minutes and were still reading on while the band was set to compete.

The BEST moment was a couple of years ago at one show where three to five (I lost count) potential suitors asked the same girl in the one band to the homecoming dance. AWKWARD..... :laugh:

So, there you have the Big W guide to Airgrams. And I hope those who read it will understand how much I wish they'd be sent to the dump with Starter pistols for the chief judge and G-D Bugles and single tenor drums. :ph34r:

Annapolis Christian many years ago:

Play your drums for Jesus

On 9/16/2017 at 11:27 AM, AoEnut said:

I'd settle for in time  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

well i was judging that night, so no drums were hit by me