2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

7 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Kinda surprised the Flo stream starts at 5 when the first corps doesn't go on for another 40 minutes after that...

Did the stream show the heavy rain underway at about that time? Only lasted about ten minutes, but it was even wet under the stands at the souvenir booths.

5 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

What' up with the red balls [in MBI's show]?

They're giant stick-pins. Like you might use in making a garment. Or on a voodoo doll.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I don't follow DCA and it may have been discussed over the years, but is it allowed for DCI mm to jump in with a DCA corps for the last few weeks?

I believe so. Happened with C2 in the past few season, I think. And I would guess with MBI this year. (They were bigger this weekend than when we saw them on the DCI stream in July.)

Too tired to keep reading and posting tonight. Will try to catch up later. A few quick thoughts:

1. Thunderbirds got the score tonight I thought they deserved on Saturday. Some of my favorite writing this year.

2. Caballeros' uniforms look great close up. (They didn't look bad from my high perch on Saturday, but I hadn't noticed the shimmery colors.)

3. I seem to have taken 800+ photos of Prelims. Haven't checked to see how many of Finals yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I hope that more international groups can come over at the same time in the future. These guys can hold more than their own.

Only problem with that more America corps out of finals ,With out Kidsgrove this year Skyliners would have made finals .

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Did the stream show the heavy rain underway at about that time? Only lasted about ten minutes, but it was even wet under the stands at the souvenir booths.

The stream was on a holding graphic until God Save the Queen was played. 

• Like 1

CT back to back Champions in Class 'A'  with a larger spread than prelims over Govies. Made a pretty clear statement both days that they're the real deal. Interesting to see if they remain in Class 'A'  and go for the three peat or move to Open  

C2 made a big finish with their best performance of the season. Very surprised with their growth over the season. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1