2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

3 hours ago, Kamarag said:

Amen, Jim. Slow, calculated growth is the only way to sustain and propel an organization into the future. Grow too fast and the increased costs of equipment, uniforms, transportation, food, and housing will easily send a corps over the edge. We've seen it far too often (and far too recently).

The good news is that the folks at CT seem to understand this, and their growth plan appears (to this outsider) to be a good one.

and Fusion and White Sabers are the models to emulate. I know many blasted them for hanging in A class too long, but slow and steady wins the race

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kamarag said:

It's called "world championships" because any corps can come, from...wait for it...anywhere in the world.

#### logic.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, camel lips said:

Then why all the crying on  Social media and some here about Sky being left out of the night show because Kidsgrove "took" their spot??? 

I can see a new rule  coming out next year like the rule that came about sometime in the 2003/  2004 when they wanted to get some of the NE corps that fell out the top ten and lost their voting rights..so they came up with this "new" rule that said something to the effect if you have two scores in August and compete at Championships you can be a Member corps. That was until MCL did exactly that in 2006 and became a member Corps simply following the rules . Suddenly the next year they changed the rule since it benefited someone other than the people the rule targeted. How convenient. 

you do realize many on social media dont have a ###### clue on how things really work? DCA doesnt always do the best job of posting how rules work...even DCi has some things public and others not....and it is what it is. 90% of complaints on social media are worth about as much as the toiler paper used to clean the screen after you read them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and Fusion and White Sabers are the models to emulate. I know many blasted them for hanging in A class too long, but slow and steady wins the race

CT is following their plan. 

• Like 2

And it's a good one. Congrats C T! well deserved. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ErieSopMike said:

Something else that CT needs to look at (and DCA as well) is making sure that they get to shows that are going to get them DCA judging sheets.  Yes, they had no say in their fate on that realm, but the backup options were nil as everything was too far away to make.  

You don't want to move up to the Open Class and have the same fate happen again and go into Prelims as the "last place" corps with no DCA judged score.  Again, anything can happen to alter a schedule (look back at this past season).  Hopefully, with more corps coming onto the circuit, there will be more shows and opportunities for DCA scores in conjunction with DCI show exposure.

They're far from being considered "last place". That was put to rest this past weekend. Logistics and incurred cost are to be considered too. There are allot of DCI shows throughout Ohio and Northern Kentucky that provide CT venues to perform, be evaluated and recruitment opportunities, while keeping expenses to a minimum. Location, location, location. 

Edited by Jim Schehr

1 minute ago, Jim Schehr said:

They're far from being considered "last place". Logistics and incurred cost are to be considered too. There are allot of DCI shows throughout Ohio and Northern Kentucky that provide CT venues to perform, be evaluated and recruitment opportunities keeping expenses to a minimum. Location, location, location. 

You missed the point of my reply then.  Sure, there's plenty of performance opportunities, but if they're not DCA sanctioned, that is a small issue.  Perhaps CT should look at hosting a show (if it's not already in the works) to ensure at least 1 DCA score prior to Championships.  Hopefully Erie will be able to have their show as well in the coming season as well.  

The only reason I used "last place" with them is due to their lack of a DCA score and their seeding this year.  Since they had no DCA score, DCA had no option but to put them in 5th and on first.  It's not something they want to continue going forward, especially when looking to move up possibly into the Open class at some time.  Obviously they're not a last place corps... no corps is... at least I don't know any corps that goes out to say that "we're the worst!", but someone always has to get the lowest score.  

2 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

at least I don't know any corps that goes out to say that "we're the worst!", but someone always has to get the lowest score.  

And, in 1975 and 1976, that someone apparently was the junior corps where I marched!!!!  :lol:

5 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

You missed the point of my reply then.  Sure, there's plenty of performance opportunities, but if they're not DCA sanctioned, that is a small issue.  Perhaps CT should look at hosting a show (if it's not already in the works) to ensure at least 1 DCA score prior to Championships.  Hopefully Erie will be able to have their show as well in the coming season as well.  

The only reason I used "last place" with them is due to their lack of a DCA score and their seeding this year.  Since they had no DCA score, DCA had no option but to put them in 5th and on first.  It's not something they want to continue going forward, especially when looking to move up possibly into the Open class at some time.  Obviously they're not a last place corps... no corps is... at least I don't know any corps that goes out to say that "we're the worst!", but someone always has to get the lowest score.  

I didn't miss your point at all. They're not dependent on DCA shows for exposure or scores. I'm sure CT will consider DCA shows and negotiate expenses and fees that make sense. That's a win win for all. Who wouldn't want a two time Class 'A'  Champion at their show? 

Edited by Jim Schehr

9 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

And, in 1975 and 1976, that someone apparently was the junior corps where I marched!!!!  :lol:

Hey someone has to come in last. :laughing:

• Like 1